UKC

Le Gaye Pied, La Berarde

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jimmccall 30 Apr 2017
Hello,
If I may ask those that have climbed this route...
I am considering this route... Le Gay Pied on La Tete de la Maye, near La Berarde, this Summer, with a couple of climbers who will be new to the Alps and to that length of multi-pitch, as a possible option to try some rock after a week of Alpinism. As such, may I ask, if you can let me know the nature of the belays (their accommodation of 3), the length of the pitches (so I may consider the length of ropes to use), the nature of the crux pitches (so I may consider their protection whilst seconding) and any other salient issues, then I would be very grateful...
Many Thanks,
Jim
 John R 30 Apr 2017
In reply to jimmccall:
Jim, it's a year or two since I did it and then just as a pair, but my memory is of very pleasant climbing, mainly slabby and sometimes avoidable/ escapable. I don't recall any issue over space on stances, or any significant crux sections, other than perhaps a steep little corner quite early on. We would definitely have been using one 50m rope and I do remember carrying a very small mixed rack "just in case"; a thoroughly pleasant day out, finishing over the top of the Tete de la Maye and down the path. I'm sure you'll enjoy it thoroughly. Have fun, John.
OP jimmccall 30 Apr 2017
In reply to John R:

Thanks for that John... just what I am after really!
Jim

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...