UKC

Holdz bouldering pad?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Greasy Prusiks 02 May 2017
Hi,

Does anyone have any experience of a holdz bouldering pad? They look really good value but I'm a bit reluctant to buy one having never seen one. Cheers for any help.

https://www.holdz.co.uk/collections/bouldering-mats/products/bouldering-mat...
In reply to Greasy Prusiks:

Bump.
 tjin 03 May 2017

Never seen one before either, but with folding design's; the fold is a good place to bust your angle. A way to prevent that is to have velcro that connect the two sides, so it's less likely for your foot to end up in the fold or things pocking up the fold from the other side. (angled folds or taco's are ambious other solutions to the same problem)

Can;t see it on the image, but does not appear to have it. (most cheaper folding designed don;t)
 Fraser 03 May 2017

Not seen or used one, but for an extra £30 I'd get the thicker model. Or buy from another manufacturer. To my mind, the thickness (and firmness) is the most important factor, not the non-velcro'd hinge, which you could always add yourself if you were that concerned.
In reply to tjin:

Thanks.

That was something that's bothering me about them. It seems a really good amount of pad for the money though so I'm wondering about putting on some Velcro myself.

I've emailed holdz to ask if I can see one anywhere but haven't had a reply.
 Rich D 03 May 2017

I've had one of their older design ones for years and it's always been fine, ok foam, ok design and good value for the price. Rich
 tjin 03 May 2017

Sometimes you just need to wait and catch a deal. I got my pads with 50% off at bergfreunde. I think they had a 50% off for just one day for the wild country pad a few weeks ago...
In reply to Rich D:

OK thanks Rich, really appreciated.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...