UKC

Stakes at Financial Sector Neist

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Heike 02 May 2017
We went to Neist - Financial Sector amongst others at the weekend and were very lucky as a group had turned up with some stakes from Mike Lates - Skyeguides, apparently somebody had removed the stakes which had previously been there, so basically just a heads up if you go there, perhaps take a stake or two. The nice group of friends left one of their big stakes/poles there, but I think two would definitely be more reassuring...
Who removed them and why..? I have no idea.
 Andy Nisbet 02 May 2017
In reply to Heike:

There are climbers around who are obsessed with removing anything not natural, like stakes, abseil tat, peg runners, lower-offs etc. But I think we should move with the times and make life easy (they think the opposite).
OP Heike 02 May 2017
In reply to Andy Nisbet:

Yup, I agree. It was a bit of a shame for the third party who just turned up as we (the guys with the stakes and us) were leaving and suddenly found the stakes being removed (as they were needed elsewhere the next day). Well, next time I'll take a couple of low vis stakes, but if they get removed again, it's just such a pain...pointless really.
In reply to Heike:
Bastards. Just heading to Skye today. If those stakes have gone then so may others in the area. The answer is to put glue-in bolt lower-offs at the top of each of those trad routes. Radical I know, but if belay and abs stakes disappear, what alternative is there?
 james1978 07 May 2017
In reply to Heike:

We were at Kilt rock earlier on this week and got chatting to a couple of local climbers. Thay seemed to be under the impression that the owner of the land had removed them for some reason.
 eaf4 08 May 2017
In reply to Heike:

There's one really driven into the ground, that we missed, above Security Risk area. Saves you belaying from the high viz one that you Ab off of, which is miles away.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...