/ Conville (Chamonix) 14-16 June (and beyond?!)

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
joeramsay - on 02 May 2017
My housemate and I will be on the Conville course from 14-16 June - we were wondering if the other people on the course might be on here too, so we can get in touch! There is a slight ulterior motive - neither of us have a car, so we were hoping we might be able to coordinate transport in some way - alternatively, if anybody's heading down to the Alps for those dates and then staying for a couple of weeks it'd be great to cadge a cheeky lift!
teh_mark on 02 May 2017
In reply to joeramsay:

I'll almost certainly be in Chamonix from the 17th, though if work doesn't get in the way there's nothing stopping me leaving a few days early if you want a lift. Coming back on the 1st July, but there's a reasonable chance I'll be spending the second week of that in Ailefroide unless I happen across partners for some alpine routes in Chamonix.

Speaking of which, if you're up for doing some classic routes of any variety up to about AD+ after the course, let me know! I did the Conville Course last year and it was pretty good, hope the weather cooperates for you.
Robbie Blease - on 02 May 2017
In reply to joeramsay:

Hi,
I have literally just found I got a place on the course for the 18th to 20th, well done for getting your places as well! I don't have any partners until july, so would be up for some climbing after the course. I'm not driving though so can't offer you a lift, hope you find one.
Email me if you're interested
Robbie
WillJGritstoner on 02 May 2017
In reply to Robbie Blease:

dont suppose your looking for partners (july/aug) or you got any plans in the alps area bout that time?
cheers, will
BarneyLoosemore - on 03 May 2017
In reply to joeramsay:

Hi, a friend and I will be staying in the Argentière campsite from 22nd Jun - 2nd July. I did the Conville course last year, and we were looking at doing some classic routes in the AD/AD+ range this time around. We don't have a car but would be interested in doing some climbing with other fairly new alpinists with experience of trad/Scottish winter in the UK. Cheers
Robbie Blease - on 03 May 2017
In reply to WillJGritstoner:

Dropped you an email
JFT - on 04 May 2017
In reply to joeramsay:

I've a place on the 11-13th course and going to be staying at Argentière campsite from 8th - 23rd. First time in the alps so ridiculously excited!

My mate who unfortunately didn't get a place will be coming out to join me after the course and it will be great to team up with other course delegates!

TomWebber - on 05 May 2017
In reply to JFT:

Hi JFT, I also have a place on the 11-13th course - also first time and excited! I'm staying out after the course until the 17th, so hoping to climb with others off the course.
JFT - on 05 May 2017
In reply to TomWebber:

Brilliant! Sending you an email now
Aidanrobinson1995 - on 05 May 2017
I'm on the 18-20 course! Looking to go on some adventures in Aug/Sept! if anyone is keen on joining me drop me a message!!!

joeramsay - on 06 May 2017
In reply to teh_mark:

Oh wicked, I've dropped you an email!
In reply to Robbie Blease:

I've dropped you an email - congrats on getting on, yourself!
In reply to BarneyLoosemore:

I've dropped you an email!
In reply to JFT:

Ditto!
In reply to Aidanrobinson1995:

Sounds good. I've sent you an email. Now that I've well and truly spammed this thread, I'll go and do something useful with my time
bethjwilson - on 07 May 2017
In reply to TomWebber:

Hey!

Myself and a friend are also on the 11th-13th course! We're heading out on the 8th-16th.
JFT - on 07 May 2017
In reply to bethjwilson:

I'm on the 11-13th and arrive June 8th too! Sending you an email now
teh_mark on 08 May 2017
In reply to joeramsay:

Only just spotted your email - replied!
rosatb on 09 May 2017
In reply to joeramsay:

I'm on the course 21st-23rd, but may be heading up a bit before
nathanjmasters - on 09 May 2017
In reply to JFT:

There's a host of us coming down from Bristol uni from around the 10th June onwards. There's 3 of us on the 11-13th, another couple of the 14th-16th. There's also a few of us around at that time who completed the course last year and have Scottish winter experience. We'll be coming and going until around until around the 10th July. We'll almost all be staying at the Argentiere campsite. See you there!
L tmw111 - on 09 May 2017
In reply to joeramsay:

Don't suppose anyone is on 4-6th June?
JFT - on 10 May 2017
In reply to nathanjmasters:

That's great, see you out there Nathan!
Adj on 16 May 2017
In reply to joeramsay:

Anyone on the 25th-27th course? And/or sticking around the week after?
CacCarnBeag - on 19 May 2017
In reply to Adj:

Hi, I'm on the 25th to 27th course. In the area from the 23rd June and leaving on 1st July. Cheers.
Adj on 03 Jun 2017
In reply to CacCarnBeag:

Right on, I'll be in an out around the same time. See you there!
ads.ukclimbing.com
Acoggon3 - on 15 Jun 2017
In reply to Adj:

I'm on the 28th to 30th course and sticking around for about a week!

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.