UKC

Portishead Quarry issues?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 helix 03 May 2017
Possibly looking at a (first) visit over next few weeks, but stumbled across a few threads re the odd issue with parking, anti-social behaviour etc- does anyone know if there are any particular problems like that at the moment?
Thanks
Helix
 BStar 03 May 2017
In reply to helix:

I've never had an issue (although I've bit been this year yet). I always park in the recommended lay-by a bit further down the road rather than near the houses to avoid ant issues.
 Cusco 03 May 2017
In reply to helix:

The only issues we had several years ago were hand and foot holds breaking off on Highway One like a dinosaur shedding scales. Everything we touched seemed to break off.

The easier routes were really nice and longer than they look due to slab forshortening. I thought it was a good crag for a day trip.
 Cheese Monkey 03 May 2017
In reply to helix:

Don't park outside the houses. Fingers crossed for a rave!
 Wise 03 May 2017
In reply to Cheese Monkey:

Went there last weekend, all fine. Parked in the layby up the road.
 philhilo 03 May 2017
In reply to Cusco:

Same for us - 3* in your dreams! Lots came off with us hanging onto them - nice - and the rest were about to come off.
 Cheese Monkey 03 May 2017
In reply to philhilo:

All part of the fun!
 Donotello 03 May 2017
In reply to helix: I'd love to make my first visit if you'd be up for company. I live near the Avon gorge.

John Mcshea 05 May 2017
In reply to Cusco:

> The only issues we had several years ago were hand and foot holds breaking off on Highway One like a dinosaur shedding scales. Everything we touched seemed to break off.

Well if you would go dry tooling in Somerset.....

stoneback 05 May 2017
In reply to helix:

Semi regular visitor - no problems ever encountered. The main slab is great fun...
 Cusco 05 May 2017
In reply to John Mcshea:

Shh jb. You weren't meant to publicise the reason why we were there...!
 Donotello 15 May 2017
In reply to helix:

Went 2 weeks ago and there were a bunch of kids pushing microwave size rocks down without any care for climbers. Also antagonised my dog while we topped out of the Boldest, abseiled down at 487mph and they vanished screaming into the sunset.

Went Sunday and it was purely climbers and dog walkers and a lovely day.

So just depends really..

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...