UKC

Cycling on the N11 north of Barcelona

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The New NickB 03 May 2017

We are off to Barcelona in September and I quite fancy exploring the beaches along the Maresme Coast, maybe cycling at a leisurely pace with beach stops, as far as Sant Pol De Mare and back.

I've only ever been as far north along the coast as the Forum, so not even out of Barcelona. Looking at the map, it looks like sections of the N11 are unavoidable, would it be massively unpleasant to cycle?
Post edited at 17:54
OP The New NickB 03 May 2017
In reply to The New NickB:

Sant Pol de Mar even.
OP The New NickB 04 May 2017

Bump for the daytime crowd.
 Jim Hamilton 04 May 2017

Only cycled along N11 into Barcelona from Vilassar de Mar, a popular road on Strava, but possibly just to get in and out of Barcelona. Not a pleasant stretch of road to cycle along, and probably would be massively unpleasant if UK drivers! The coastline isn't great either with the railway separating you from the sea. May improve further up the coast, but I think if on a road bike, the more enjoyable/scenic cycling is inland.
OP The New NickB 05 May 2017
In reply to Jim Hamilton:

Thanks, I think I might just use the train and walk a few miles on this ocassion.
 Jim Hamilton 05 May 2017

As that wouldn't appeal to me! had another look at the map, and wonder whether it worth checking, if you were not already aware of it, the path that looks as though runs for a fair way along the coast next to the sea.
OP The New NickB 07 May 2017
In reply to Jim Hamilton:

Its part of the EuroVelo8 route, but it looked at this stage like it is just planned for this section and everything I can find suggests that the coastal cycling route is the N11.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...