UKC

Prescription Cat 4 glasses

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andrew W 07 May 2017
I'm going away this summer and am needing some Cat 4 sunglasses and prescription ones seem to be fairly expensive for the non clip in type and wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions.
 Axel Smeets 07 May 2017
In reply to Andrew W:

I used this company last year for a pair of prescription cat 4 Julbos.

https://www.eyekit.co

Reliable and fine to deal with. Came in at less than 200 quid which for a decent pair of Julbos with a good prescription lens wasn't too bad.
 Solaris 07 May 2017
In reply to Andrew W:

I use Adidas, on the recommendation of a friend, and find them pretty good. I think that the replacement lenses for when your prescription changes have got a bit more expensive than when I bought into the system.

There's been a reasonable amount of discussion on here about this perennial problem, so it'd be worth a search.
 mattdennies 08 May 2017
In reply to Andrew W:

+1 for the Adidas. Good quality glasses, range of lenses to select from and (like I'm having to do this year) if your prescription has changed drastically, you're only paying to replace the clip in prescription lense, not the whole pair of glasses.
 tjin 08 May 2017
In reply to mattdennies:

+1 on Adidas. The coating on the 'normal' lenses does scratch easily. Do get the prescription lenses made by a company with experience, as it is mounted closer to your eyes, so the prescription is slightly different.
OP Andrew W 08 May 2017
In reply to Axel Smeets:

Thanks for the suggestion do you know what lens material you chose as there seem to be lots of options with lots of different prices.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...