UKC

plusnet as a mobile provider?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 girlymonkey 08 May 2017
I'm at the stage of changing phone contracts, and wondering about Plusnet. I use them for internet at home with no issues, but what is their mobile coverage etc like on the hills? Any experience of their customer service etc?
Thanks
 skog 08 May 2017
In reply to girlymonkey:
I switched to them recently (a few months ago), and find them pretty good actually.

They use EE for coverage, and it generally seems better than Voda, and almost always better than O2 (though there's always a wee corner somewhere where one of the other networks is better, of course).
Post edited at 15:28
OP girlymonkey 08 May 2017
In reply to skog:

Thanks. I am abandonning Vodafone (absolute nightmare of customer service), and considering switching my number to my Giffgaff which I currently use as my spare hill number. Sounds like I might be best keeping Giffgaff as spare then and going with plusnet.
 skog 08 May 2017
In reply to girlymonkey:

Yeah, Voda customer service is awful. They have decent coverage, though - my work phone's with them and it's a handy backup, occasionally having reception when my Plusnet one doesn't.

I switched to Plusnet from Giffgaff as the deal was better - but Giffgaff tended to have awful coverage in remote areas anyway, and often said it had a data connection when it didn't.

If you're keeping your Giffgaff one, I think you have to use it occasionally (every 6 months?) to keep it live.
 Trangia 08 May 2017
In reply to girlymonkey:

They've got a good brass band too........
 lpretro1 11 May 2017
In reply to girlymonkey:

My hubby has plusnet and they are very good - we also use their broadband and that's excellent to. I will be chainging from vodafone when exisitng contract expires
 d8vehinton 11 May 2017
In reply to girlymonkey:

Fine. But, be warned take care if using abroad!!!! Be sure to set up a limit.
 imkevinmc 11 May 2017
In reply to girlymonkey:

Plusnet=BT=EE

I'm home broadband on plusnet and never have a problem

Switched mobile a couple of months ago from EE to Plusnet, which is effectively the same thing. But I've got exactly the same phone/text/data bundle for half the price .

Live in the High Peak area and service is good.
 Martin W 11 May 2017
In reply to girlymonkey:

I probably would have switched from Vodafone to Plusnet earlier this year, but when I tried their SIM in my phone I discovered that EE has a bizarre 'notspot' - no coverage at all, not even for voice and SMS - in the office building I usually work from

In reply to d888veh:

> Fine. But, be warned take care if using abroad!!!! Be sure to set up a limit.

Plusnet have a Smart Cap feature which allows you to do precisely this.
Post edited at 14:13
 skog 11 May 2017
In reply to d8vehinton:

> Fine. But, be warned take care if using abroad!!!! Be sure to set up a limit.

You can, but better than that, they're introducing this shortly, for EU countries:
https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Blogs/Introducing-Roam-Like-at-Home/b...
 d8vehinton 12 May 2017
In reply to Martin W:

Yes, I use the smart cap feature but when you hit it your limit the phone then can not be used until the following month. I ran up £48 worth of data charges in the time it took to land at an airport pick my bags up and then remember to switch off my data roaming! Fortunately this was capped at £10 but I had a phone that couldn't be used even for texts for the trip. On return, PlusNet where fairly apologetic for not sending data charges rates on their text on arrival and paid my rental for the next month.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...