UKC

Advice Needed - Waterproof Iphone Case

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Yalms 08 May 2017
Does anyone have any advice on/experience of a decent waterproof I-Phone case that is suitable to use in the hills?

I’d like to be able to put my phone in my bumbag (where it will get wet) when out for a fell run but be able to take it out for photos with a minimum of fuss.

Any thoughts much appreciated.
 Siward 08 May 2017
In reply to Yalms:

I use something like item number 171788335960 on that auction site. Cheap and cheerful but they work.

I can use the phone screen through the bag, which is nice- perhaps not ideal for photos though since the fabric is quite rubbery/opaque.
 Trangia 08 May 2017
In reply to Yalms:

Small dry bag which will fit into your bum bag?
 Si_G 08 May 2017
In reply to Trangia:

After years of irritation, I just got a waterproof iPhone.
Ziplock sandwich bags or the suggested dry bag are ok, but with any solution you can forget using the phone in the wet.
This also applies to the waterproof iphone 7, the touch screen goes nuts when wet.
In reply to Yalms:

I would really recommend lifeproof.com, they are not the cheapest but do work well, mine goes in the pocket of my BA when kayaking ( I work as a kayak guide in the alps) so aways getting soaked.

Its good for taking pictures through too,
this is my photo album on px500 https://500px.com/robo7
80% taken on iphone through the case including the top 10 shots.

cheers
 Colin Wells 09 May 2017
In reply to Yalms:

If it's an older iPhone (3 or 4) then you're in luck.

Magellan Toughcases (which include a battery pack and high resolution GPS chip) are bombproof and cheap as chips these days (ca. £15 incl. postage from the States - new ones are available via eBay - they originally cost £200!) . Sadly, won't fit iPhone 5 or above - which I suspect you might have. Another reason not to upgrade though!
 marsbar 10 May 2017
In reply to Yalms:

I have a griffin survivor case for my ipad, I think they do phone ones too. Some waterproof some not.
OP Yalms 10 May 2017
In reply to Yalms:
Thanks for the tips everyone!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...