UKC

Any Video editing jedi in the room? (LUTs)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Lemming 08 May 2017
I'm getting more and more into my video editing however I have learned about LUTs and I want to incorporate this enhancement into my video editing process. The problem is that my copy of Adobe Premier Elements does not work with LUTs.

I have no desire to fork out for a weekly rental fee for Premier Pro and won't be going down that route. What software would I need to adapt LUTs or what video editing software could I buy that will allow me to use LUTs?
Removed User 08 May 2017
In reply to The Lemming:

try Davinci resolve, they do a free version, the expensive one is for the 4k.

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/uk/products/davinciresolve 12.5 is at the bottom of the page. I use it a lot and you download LUTS into it https://lutify.me/knowledge-base/how-do-i-apply-3d-luts-in-davinci-resolve/
OP The Lemming 08 May 2017
In reply to Removed User:

> try Davinci resolve, they do a free version, the expensive one is for the 4k.

What a coincidence as I'm just looking at that. However my cameras shoot 4k and I'd like to keep that resolution if possible. Would I have to fork out some serious wedge?
Removed User 08 May 2017
In reply to The Lemming:

Its £239 for the 12.5 version.

If I get this right, DaVinci is for colour grading. Once I get DaVinci to do the grading do I then export the finished/fluffed up movie clip into Premier Elements?

Or must I get a video editing software compatible with DaVinci?

At the moment its all bewildering to say the least.
 HeMa 08 May 2017
In reply to The Lemming:

> If I get this right, DaVinci is for colour grading.

DaVinci Resolve is also a video editor. So you can do colour grading and then edit & compile the whole flick. Just download the free version, and have a look at the manual or fiddle around with it.
In reply to HeMa:

That sounds great. Will it be an improvement on Premier Elements?
Removed User 08 May 2017
In reply to The Lemming:
Well it'll be able to do LUT's for a start

there are issues with cross platform working with Davinci and Adobe, you have to convolute somewhat in your export XML file. Try downloading the 12.5 free, import a known base file that you've worked with before and play around with it. If you park the 4k bit for the moment and just get a feel for the programme. There is a ton of DaVinci youtube tutorials out there to use.

It's powerful and once you get the feel for it, methodical programme. It is often difficult to swap between editors when you've become accustomed to working in a particular way, however, the main concepts are the same. Use the waveform too.

try this for starters youtube.com/watch?v=PgTRPXsgv-I&
Post edited at 21:17
Removed User 08 May 2017
http://www.4kshooters.net/2015/06/26/premiere-pro-to-davinci-resolve-round-trip-workflow/ this is what I was alluding to earlier with Adobe/ Davinici , not sure how close it is too your experience with Elements as I don't use it. However I suspect it'll be close.

So as I and HeMa said play around with the free DL and see how you like it.

Hope it goes well and for what its worth, more power to you to keep pushing your enjoyment and passion for photography and video work. I enjoyed your Moon shots.
Post edited at 22:29
Removed User 08 May 2017

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...