UKC

NEWS - Ueli Steck: A Tribute

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 09 May 2017
Ueli Steck and Jon Griffith, 4 kbFollowing the sad news of Swiss alpinist Ueli Steck's death last week, close friend and photographer Jon Griffith shared a short but touching tribute on his Facebook page. Jon has kindly given his permission for us to share his tribute on UKC.Read more
 Mal Grey 09 May 2017
In reply to UKC News:

Some lovely words there Jon, capturing the spirit of someone who was a genuine great for all the right reasons. You have my deepest sympathy.

Jim 1003 09 May 2017
In reply to UKC News:

Very touching and well written tribute.....
 olddirtydoggy 09 May 2017
In reply to UKC News:

Extremely well expressed. Even though tbhe vast majority of us never knew the guy, he was a huge inspiration. Still can't get my head round it.
ScottIVXXX 09 May 2017
In reply to UKC News:

Beautiful words about someone you loved. I am very sorry for your loss, and to all who cared about him the way you did.
 Puppythedog 10 May 2017
In reply to UKC News:

HI Jon
thank you for that. I'm sorry for the hurt you will be feeling. Ueli remains inspiring, that will not change.
 JayPee630 10 May 2017
In reply to UKC News:

I really don;t care for celebrity or the mess that often surrounds it, but I really would have liked to meet Ueli, he honestly came across as such a genuine, hard working, and really lovely person, and this writing captures that. Thanks.
 Speed Reed 10 May 2017
In reply to UKC News:

Really touching tribute.I think it is fair to say that his legacy will be for being a great guy as well as being an incredible athlete.Kind of difficult to believe he is no longer with us because he did come across through his amazing feats as being God like.
Seems that everyone that knew him only spoke good of him.Must be devastating for his nearest and dearest.
Thoughts to all those who were close to him.
Ueli Steck, proper legend.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...