UKC

Tent+Sleeping bag for Alps and Sierra Nevada tour

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
RainierA 09 May 2017

I'm looking for a tent and sleeping bag for multiple trips this year, got 2 weeks in Sierra Nevada, and 2 weeks in the alps, plus multiple weekends out in Snowdonia over the winter. I will be spending a few nights on the mountains, over 3000m up in winter.

I'm 18 and I don't have money for the more expensive stuff, but I want gear that will keep me comfortable and safe at 4000m on Mont Blanc in bad weather, but also for the weeks around the lower hills while I'm exploring the region.

I've narrowed down my selection, but I don't know where to go from here. I'm trying to go as cheap as possible, but I'm a light sleeper so I don't mind spending a little more for quality.

Tents
Mountain 25, The North Face
Mesa, Black Diamond
Hubba Hubba, MSR
First light, Black Diamond
Dragonfire, MSR

(All 2 man)

Sleeping bags
Lynx, The North Face
Kazoo, The North Face

Does anyone have any suggestions for what to get?
Post edited at 19:11
Bserk 10 May 2017
In reply to RainierA:

for good price/quality ratio down sleeping bags check out Roberts.pl or cumulus sleeping bags. My Roberts sleeping bag is providing me with plenty of warmth on high altitude climbs like Pik Lenin.
In reply to RainierA:

TNF Mountain 25 is a great all round tent, but at 3.85 kg a bit on the heavy side.
BD First Light is for high alpine only as it not waterproof and handles condensation badly. If you want single skin I would suggest Crux X1 series as they are waterproof and handles condensation well. I choose the version with a small porch myself.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...