UKC

Trad climbing North Western Spain, Asturias and inland?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
J1234 10 May 2017

Does anyone have any info on Multi pitch Trad climbing in the above area. I am assuming possibly incorrectly that the Picos area is higher altitude and more confined to summer for trad, a bit similar to the Dolomites season, but was wondering if there is lower level stuff, perhaps around the edges of the Picos area that is Multi pitch Trad.
Thanks in advance
Post edited at 07:58
 Rick Sewards 10 May 2017
In reply to J1234:

If you can get a copy of the Spanish guide Escaladas Selectas en la Cordillera Cantabrica (no translation as far as I know, but the topos are good) it has lots of multi-pitch trad and semi-equipped routes, both in the Picos and elsewhere in the area. Outside of the Picos, the only stuff I've done is in the La Hermida gorge on the eastern edge of the Picos - Cueto Agero is South facing and lower than the main Picos range - it has an excellent route up it at about HVS/E1 - about 9 pitches with a scramble approach and easy walk off - I've done a couple of other good routes there as well.

Rick
J1234 10 May 2017
In reply to Rick Sewards:

Thanks a lot. I have done a bit over the last couple of years in Catalunya, March/April around Villa Nova and Montserrat and to be frank there is a life time of climbing around there, however I do not just climb for climbing, but the seeing new places, so the idea of another area appeals.
I shall try and get a copy as suggested.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...