UKC

Rugby World Cup draw

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Postmanpat 10 May 2017

So, on more important issues, this is the draw:

Pool A: Japan, Scotland, Ireland, Europe 1, Play-off winner

Pool B: Italy, South Africa, New Zealand, Africa 1, Repechage winner

Pool C: Argentina, France, England, Americas 1, Oceania 2

Pool D: Georgia, Wales, Australia, Oceania 1, Americas 2

Lousy for England who get a "pool of death" for the second time in succession. Likely qualifiers to their group are apparently Samoa or Fijii, and the USA. If England come second we likely meet the ABs in the quarters. Ugh!

gavmac 10 May 2017
In reply to Postmanpat:

Happy with the Scotland group, probably would have preferred Italy to Japan as the third seed (reckon Japan will get some home advantage momentum and could be tricky.)
Gone for good 10 May 2017
In reply to Postmanpat:
Pool B winners play Pool A runner up. England are Pool C therefore the likely draw for the Quarter finals will be.

Ireland v South Africa
New Zealand v Scotland or Japan
England v Wales
Australia v France or Argentina.

Even if England do finish second they will probably play Australia.
Post edited at 12:07
 the sheep 10 May 2017
In reply to Postmanpat:

No reason to think we (England) should come second. Its a competative group but there is no reason to think we shouldnt be able to beat any of those teams. Pool A could be interesting for 1st ans 2nd if Scotland continue on this path. Pool C is a walk in for the All Blacks, on current form South Africa are not the threat they previously were. Also failing to dismiss Coetzee after such a poor season doesn't bode well for their future. Pool D should go to the convicts however Georgia are no push over now
OP Postmanpat 10 May 2017
In reply to Gone for good:

> Pool B winners play Pool A runner up. England are Pool C therefore the likely draw for the Quarter finals will be. Ireland v South AfricaNew Zealand v Scotland or JapanEngland v WalesAustralia v France or Argentina.Even if England do finish second they will probably play Australia.

Thanks. I couldn't find a confirmation of who plays who in the Q's so went on how it was (according to my mate) last time.
 Shani 10 May 2017
In reply to Postmanpat:

It is a tasty group we are in for sure! I think Ireland may be the surprise package when it goes beyond the quarters.
OP Postmanpat 10 May 2017
In reply to Shani:

> It is a tasty group we are in for sure! I think Ireland may be the surprise package when it goes beyond the quarters.

I've thought that for the last two world cups and been wrong! But I'd like to see them do well this time.
 Cú Chullain 10 May 2017
In reply to Shani:

> It is a tasty group we are in for sure! I think Ireland may be the surprise package when it goes beyond the quarters.

Ireland who's prize for winning their pool is likely facing SA, Australia and NZ in the knockouts!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...