UKC

Better Call Saul

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BnB 10 May 2017
The Pub thread about cassette tape prompted me to shout out about the third series of "Saul".

If anything the glacial plot is getting even slower (in a good way) while the film direction and character playing is off the scale. There's hardly an episode goes by without cinematography to take your breath away, while Michael McKean (yes, Spinal Tap's vocalist himself) is quite simply magnificent as Charles.

What's this got to do with cassette tape. You'll have to tune in. TV of the very highest quality.
 Thrudge 10 May 2017
In reply to BnB:

Agreed, it's phenomenal stuff. And half the shots in it could be paintings.
 MonkeyPuzzle 10 May 2017
In reply to BnB:

It makes Breaking Bad look like the wacky spin off. Absolutely loving it.
Gone for good 10 May 2017
In reply to BnB:

Is it Netflix only?
I saw the first series after watching Breaking Bad and really enjoyed it. I wasn't aware they had made further series.
 nastyned 10 May 2017
In reply to BnB:

That's interesting. I got bored after about three episodes of the first series and gave up. I guess I need to give it another go...
Lusk 10 May 2017
In reply to BnB:

Cool!
I didn't realise that there were more series, some marathon Saul watching to be done.
Thanks for this
OP BnB 10 May 2017
In reply to Gone for good:

> Is it Netflix only? I saw the first series after watching Breaking Bad and really enjoyed it. I wasn't aware they had made further series.

I expect so. The production values are so high I can't imagine otherwise. Series 2 is good as well but hurry to catch the third. My goodness it's stunning.
 buzby 10 May 2017
In reply to nastyned:

> That's interesting. I got bored after about three episodes of the first series and gave up. I guess I need to give it another go...

Yep me to, I loved breaking bad and watched the first three or four episodes of better call Saul and gave up as well. Might give it another look if its getting good reviews on here.
 Stichtplate 11 May 2017
In reply to BnB:

Loved Breaking Bad but don't have Netflix,how does it compare?
 IM 11 May 2017
In reply to Stichtplate:

> Loved Breaking Bad but don't have Netflix,how does it compare?

I loved BB, but I also think Better Call Saul is better. As good as TV gets, and I used to say that about BB.
 ThunderCat 11 May 2017
In reply to Stichtplate:

It's just great. Really is worth watching.
 Stichtplate 11 May 2017
In reply to ThunderCat:

Thanks for the responses. I'm convinced, just ordered seasons 1 and 2 on DVD.
 ThunderCat 11 May 2017
In reply to Stichtplate:

And I've just remembered I've got two episodes to catch up on..... Whoo hoo...
 pneame 11 May 2017
In reply to BnB:

Agreed - the characters and plot seem much more authentic than in Breaking Bad. Perhaps because we know what will happen to them? At once funny, bitter and gripping.

Thanks for reminding me to get stuck into season 3!
 ThunderCat 12 May 2017
In reply to BnB:

> while Michael McKean (yes, Spinal Tap's vocalist himself) is quite simply magnificent as Charles.

It took me a while to work out where I knew him from when I first saw him.

Hahah, "The patron saint of quality footwear"...

brianrunner 12 May 2017
In reply to BnB:

Its different to BB in that it takes it's time more but the visuals and music are stunning. I gave up after BCS series 1 but am back watching again and series 3 has been superb - the latest episode with the court scene is epic! If you liked BB then give it a go again.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...