UKC

This is total disgrace

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Ice Doctor 11 May 2017

https://www.rt.com/viral/388029-trumps-opulent-68mn-saudi-visit/

How many jobs could be created with that sort of finance?

How much health care could be offered to people?

Totally disgusted by this, what a sick joke the world has become.
 Greenbanks 11 May 2017
In reply to The Ice Doctor:

Yes - absolutely agree. Nothing wrong with being rich, providing the £££ earned/inherited is above board. But, as some have asked on here, just what is 'rich'? This is a profound mickey-take from surely a world leader that needs putting in the same box of riffraff as Putin and the N.Korean fella
Jim C 11 May 2017

You do realise that it's Trump visiting Saudi?

So this piece is only anticipating that a lot of money will be spent by the Saudi government.

I fail to see how Trump can be blamed for how much others spend on his visit ?
 FactorXXX 11 May 2017

I wonder if they'll be extravagant enough to have Ferrero Rocher?
 Pete Pozman 12 May 2017

Makes me gip.
In reply to Pete Pozman:

No, Im not a fan of Ferrero Rocher either.
 DancingOnRock 12 May 2017

Where is the money going?

They must be spending it on something in which case someone must be receiving it for doing something. It's not like they're standing in the desert burning $100 bills.

I'm glad they are spending it on this visit rather than jobs for their boys abroad promoting Wahhabism
Deadeye 12 May 2017
In reply to Jim C:

> You do realise that it's Trump visiting Saudi?So this piece is only anticipating that a lot of money will be spent by the Saudi government. I fail to see how Trump can be blamed for how much others spend on his visit ?

OK, try this instead:
"Trump is on track to spend $1 billion in 4 years housing his wife in NYC and vacationing in Mar-a-Lago virtually every week."
Jim C 14 May 2017
In reply to Deadeye:

> OK, try this instead:"Trump is on track to spend $1 billion in 4 years housing his wife in NYC and vacationing in Mar-a-Lago virtually every week."

Shocking amounts of money, and proportionally to what he earns , I guess we all spend similar amounts of our own 'wealth' keeping our wife happy.

But that is Trump's own money ( I think) and although I'm not a fan of his, we would not expect him to spend that money on public health care.
 wintertree 14 May 2017

Economics isn't your thing, is it?

You're complaining that money is going to be spent and that jobs should be created with that money instead?

What do you generally think happens when money is spent? Answers on a postcard...
Deadeye 14 May 2017
In reply to Jim C:

I don't think it is his money
 John Kelly 14 May 2017
In reply to Deadeye:
> I don't think it is his money

I think you should probably firm that up
Post edited at 08:54
 wbo 14 May 2017
In reply to Jim C: no, it's absolutely not his money - it's public money, most of it spent on security. People have noticed and they aren't very happy. Normally the security budget for the president is for the White House and a weekend place - for Trump the White House, Trump Towers, wherever Melania is living and Mar a Lago most weekends.

He'll use what Obama spent in 4 years in , I believe, some months this year. A bit rich as he complained about that on the campaign trail.
 Yanis Nayu 14 May 2017
In reply to Jim C:

> Shocking amounts of money, and proportionally to what he earns , I guess we all spend similar amounts of our own 'wealth' keeping our wife happy. But that is Trump's own money ( I think) and although I'm not a fan of his, we would not expect him to spend that money on public health care.

Pretty sure I read that it's the additional security costs met by the government, but that could be wrong.
 Trangia 14 May 2017

What's it got to do with us what another country spends on entertaining the head of state of another country? It's none of our business.
 wintertree 14 May 2017
In reply to Trangia:

> What's it got to do with us what another country spends on entertaining the head of state of i odanother country? It's none of our business.

Oh I don't know about that. I'm sure UK PLC in the form of BAESystems would rather have got the money.....
 Big Ger 15 May 2017
In reply to Trangia:

> What's it got to do with us what another country spends on entertaining the head of state of another country? It's none of our business.

Your outrage valve needs adjusting...
Jim C 15 May 2017
In reply to Yanis Nayu:
Forgive me for not immediately believing everything/ anything that people that don't like Trump write about him, any more than I believe what Trump says about people that he does not like.
So my outrage is on hold

On topic, the point was well made that whenever large amounts of money are spent ( in this case on state visits) then money does flow to people providing goods and services , and so does support jobs, and very likely indirectly healthcare.
Edit( and as I understand it, any gifts ( fancy swords or whatever) given to the president of the USA will not become his property.)
Post edited at 09:36

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...