UKC

MIA Trainee - Free Guided Scrambling and Multi pitch climbing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Kelly Evans 11 May 2017
Hello,
I am a Mountaineering Instructor Award (MIA) Trainee who is looking for people to take either guided scrambling or multi pitch climbing. I am ideally looking for pairs of people who are after one of three things;

A guided roped scrambling day
An introduction to traditional climbing (possibly from an indoor or sport climbing background)
A desire to further current tradtional climbing skills on multi pitch routes

The day(s) will be tailored to your current experience/ambitions and can be based in either North Wales or the Lake District.

I have a variety of dates avalible some of which are listed below. One or multipul days is fine. If you would prefer dates later in the year please get in touch.
Avalible dates:
16th, 17th, 18th + 19th May
23rd + 24th May
2nd, 3rd + 4th June
17th + 18th June
26th, 27th, 28th + 29th June
29th + 30th July

If you are interested, unsure of your suitability or have any questions please get in touch; it would be great to chat and see how we can help each other.

My email is kevans88@hotmail.co.uk and mobile is 07962 130738 or just message me on here.

As a trainee it is important that I highlight the following two points;
1) As an MIA trainee I do not, as yet, hold the Mountaineering Instructor Award which is the recognised training qualification for the instruction of scrambling and multi-pitch rock climbing in the UK. I have undergone the training course, but training for an award does not constitute a qualification.
2) Insurance - I do not hold insurance that allows me to receive payment or benefits in kind for instruction, but as a volunteer with membership of a mountaineering council of the UK I am insured for third party liability. These topics will need to be discussed and agreed upon before an activity is conducted.

Many thanks
Kelly Evans
 GaborS 13 May 2017
In reply to Kelly Evans:

Hi Kelly,

I would be very interested in some multipitch trad, but I would only go on my own. The dayes I could do are the 17th and 18th of June and/or the 29th and 30th of July.
If you get someone else on their own for the above dates or are happy to take just one climber, please let me know.

Many thanks,
Gabor
OP Kelly Evans 16 May 2017
In reply to GaborS:
Hi Gabor

Being on your own is fine and it's good to know you would be happy to pair up with another person. I have had a couple of other people respond in the same situation.

Unfortunately though both of those dates are no longer available. Were there any others that suited you?

Thanks Kelly
OP Kelly Evans 16 May 2017
In reply to Kelly Evans:

Some dates still available:
2nd June - North Wales
26th and 27th June - Lakes
5th and 6th August - Lakes
10th, 11th, 12th and 13th August - Lakes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...