UKC

Fox Hunting...Will it be coming back?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Lemming 12 May 2017
The Prime Minister is in favour of Fox Hunting, and the Tories are heading for a landslide victory. Does this mean that Fox Hunting can come back during the next 5 years, especially with a Tory majority to stand unopposed on the issue?
In reply to The Lemming: "Does this mean that Fox Hunting can come back during the next 5 years"

Fox hunting never went away
 Rob Exile Ward 12 May 2017
In reply to The Lemming:

Why yes, because that will be another way Saint Theresa of Strong and Stable will be able to bring the country together.
 MonkeyPuzzle 12 May 2017
In reply to The Lemming:

Well you wouldn't want the country to go back to the 1970s like under Labour, so we'll be bringing back fox hunting, leaving the single market and normalising xenophobia, like a modern, forward-looking country instead.
 jkarran 12 May 2017
In reply to The Lemming:

It never went away.

In a free vote, assuming a tory majority this time around I don't actually know which way it'd go. The new tory MPs will not be representing the safe hunting shooting fishing country seats, they'll mainly be urban/suburban seats picked up from Labour likely with small majorities which will give plenty of MPs pause for thought whatever their own opinions are on hunting, it's a divisive issue and the whole 'braying toffs on horses' thing won't play well in a run down mill town.
jk
 Bob Hughes 12 May 2017
In reply to The Lemming:

I really couldn't give two flying f*x
 brianjcooper 12 May 2017
In reply to The Lemming:

> Does this mean that Fox Hunting can come back during the next 5 years

I think that would be a great idea. But give the defenceless Fox an automatic rifle and then see who still chases it.
Rigid Raider 12 May 2017
In reply to The Lemming:

As others write, it never stopped. The so-called upper classes in Britain have become very good at hiding their wealth and discretely getting on with running Britain plc.
In reply to The Lemming:

Fox hunting is just the thin end of the wedge, she really wants to legalise hunting Dalmations.
OP The Lemming 12 May 2017
In reply to tom_in_edinburgh:

I see the resemblance now you've pointed it out.
 Morty 12 May 2017
In reply to The Lemming:

> Does this mean that Fox Hunting can come back

I'd be more worried about the witch hunts.

Yanis Nayu 12 May 2017

I think she's more Montgomery Burns from the Simpsons.
 brianjcooper 12 May 2017

> Fox hunting is just the thin end of the wedge, she really wants to legalise hunting Dalmations.

Thanks Tom. You made me laugh out loud.
Moley 14 May 2017
In reply to The Lemming:

A meet of the mink hounds today at the local pub, a most relaxed lunchtime pint in the sun, great fluffy hounds and terriers ambling about and eventually they all wandered off up the river - once they had a little swim! To be honest they all looked far too laid back to hunt anything (if they were allowed) but great to see some old breeds, the otterhound and sealyham type terrier in non-action.

I guess it isn't just fox hunting ban that would overturned? Though that is all anyone can think about.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...