/ Omigod labour

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Morgan Woods - on 12 May 2017
Did his car just run over somebody's foot?
Lusk - on 12 May 2017
In reply to Morgan Woods:

So f*cking what!
Morgan Woods - on 12 May 2017
In reply to Lusk:

Well it seemed funny from the other side of the world ya flamin galah.
summo on 12 May 2017

> Did his car just run over somebody's foot?

Wouldn't worry, apparently Diane abbot is working out the compensation for him.
toad - on 12 May 2017

Being driven by a policeman, I believe. I'm sure it would have been spun as steely determinism if Terry's car, also with a police driver, had done it. More a story about the media and how they Mob such politicians than a Corbyn gaffe, but carry on
Oldsign on 12 May 2017

That's police drivers for ye...
MonkeyPuzzle - on 12 May 2017
In reply to toad:

> Being driven by a policeman, I believe.

Hasn't stopped the Mail saying that "he even drove over a BBC man's foot" of course. The bellends.
Bjartur i Sumarhus on 12 May 2017
In reply to MonkeyPuzzle:

In fairness, if the Tories manifesto had been leaked, then TM had not turned up to a scheduled poster launch, and then her driver ran over a cameramans foot , I think it's safe to say the press (well the FT/Guardian/Independent) would have probably printed something similar describing her having a "calamatous day"

ianstevens - on 12 May 2017
In reply to summo:

> Wouldn't worry, apparently Diane abbot is working out the compensation for him.

Shame you can't work out a new "joke" - I've seen this on at least one other thread.
ianstevens - on 12 May 2017
In reply to Bjartur i Sumarhus:

> In fairness, if the Tories manifesto had been leaked, then TM had not turned up to a scheduled poster launch, and then her driver ran over a cameramans foot , I think it's safe to say the press (well the FT/Guardian/Independent) would have probably printed something similar describing her having a "calamatous day"

It has been leaked - copied here:

1. Strong and Stable Leadership
2. Reinstate fox hunting
3. www.ukip.com/policies
MonkeyPuzzle - on 12 May 2017

Would the have said that *she* drove over someone's foot, or more accurately that some muppet crowded a moving car and stuck their foot under the wheel?
summo on 12 May 2017
In reply to ianstevens:

> Shame you can't work out a new "joke" - I've seen this on at least one other thread.

Well given Corbyn is repeating the Foot manifesto and almost certainly the same result. I thought repetition was ok.
In reply to ianstevens:

That's not leaked, all of that's coming right out of her mouth , to the cameras and press
In reply to summo:

If only that cameramans name was Michael then I would have believed the whole thing was set up for "Michael Foot" headline shenanigans
ads.ukclimbing.com
Steve nevers on 12 May 2017
In reply to MonkeyPuzzle:
I just hit my thumb with a hammer.

Of course the only reasoned response to this is to dismantle the NHS.
Post edited at 15:52
Shani - on 12 May 2017
In reply to Steve nevers:

> I just got my thumb with a hammer.Of course the only reasoned response to this is to dismantle the NHS.

This is what gets me about the current media. What matters is the policy of the parties.

Running over this foot will not affect tax evasion & avoidance, it won't affect job creation nor the economy, it won't affect education funding nor the funding of the NHS....

.....but god dammit policy does not matter because a car - CORBYN'S CAR - went over a foot.
Steve nevers on 12 May 2017
In reply to Shani:

I agree.

Mays party has been let to walk away from fraud due to being so inept they can't even fill out a ledger properly.

But the big news is some numpty with no spacial awareness getting in the way of a car.
The New NickB - on 12 May 2017

The difference being Osborne should have instructed his driver to move the car, Corbyn could hardly ask his driver to turn back time and not drive over the guys foot.
Dax H - on 12 May 2017
In reply to The New NickB:

It was blatantly the guys fault, I don't think the media could have got closer without actually getting in the car.
Interesting that the driver carried on driving though, I always thought it was an offence not to stop at an accident.

Except he didn't know (apparently) and he wasn't driving the car himself, just like Corbyn was not responsible for driving over that blokes foot. The point was the press making a massive meal of it ... and all politicians are potential targets.

> Except he didn't know (apparently) and he wasn't driving the car himself, just like Corbyn was not responsible for driving over that blokes foot. The point was the press making a massive meal of it ... and all politicians are potential targets.

Apparently, yes easy to miss those big yellow lines, wheelchair symbols and signs.
Yeah, so lets just assume he did and fill half the front page with *DESPICABLE*

Don't make the mistake of thinking I am defending GO here. I'm not, I am just giving another example of the press going to town on a politician by joining up some dots to suit their narrative.
Post edited at 16:50
MG - on 12 May 2017
In reply to Dax H:

The car following practically ran over him too blowing it's horn. Protection people??
Given that he spent large parts of his time in power taking things away from the disabled, it seems perfectly legitimate to hightlight him doing it in the ground as well.

This, which happened before the parking incident, should help illustrate why Osborne was news when it comes to disability issues.

http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/1852564
Post edited at 17:13
Shani - on 12 May 2017
In reply to Bjartur i Sumarhus * TheNewNickB:
> Yeah, so lets just assume he did and fill half the front page with *DESPICABLE* Don't make the mistake of thinking I am defending GO here. I'm not, I am just giving another example of the press going to town on a politician by joining up some dots to suit their narrative.

I am inclined to agree that GO's occupation of a parking spot for the disabled was an incredibly selfish act and would have been peformed knowingly.

In contrast, the situation involving Corbyn was clearly an accident and could not have been premeditated (unlike parking in a 'disabled space', as Nick pointed out above, there were not yellow signs indicating that a foot was there). So I think that the comparison is not justified.

But I will concede that such events are trivial compared to the policy level issues we **should** be discussing.
Post edited at 17:23
BusyLizzie on 12 May 2017

From the title (small "l") I thought this was going to be a childbirth thread, and came running to see the excitement.
EarlyBird - on 12 May 2017

> having a "calamatous day"

In the Grauniad perhaps.
ads.ukclimbing.com
Big Ger - on 13 May 2017

Great poster though "The Tories are dragging us back towards Europe"

WTF?

http://img.huffingtonpost.com/asset/scalefit_630_noupscale/591339401e00003a00622470.png

Or does it indicate the Tories are going to grab more seats in the North?
Post edited at 00:33
Big Ger - on 13 May 2017

Labour also managing to alienate the "Women's Moaning Party."

Labour was the only party to refuse a copy of the Women’s Equality party manifesto, hand-delivered to its headquarters by activists inviting four major parties to steal its ideas. The party’s co-founder, Catherine Mayer, said the Conservatives, Liberal Democrats and Greens had accepted hard copies of the feminist party’s first manifesto, which includes policies such as 40 hours of free childcare per week from the end of parental leave until a child reaches school age. “All of the other parties were polite and enthusiastic, but Labour refused to accept a copy though we left one at reception,” Mayer said. “They have always been the hardest to work with, because they seem to believe they have a monopoly on virtue.”
Jack - on 13 May 2017
In reply to summo:

> Wouldn't worry, apparently Diane abbot is working out the compensation for him.

Abbot going down rather well on 'any questions' R4 at the moment. Sounds like a friendly crowd though.

At least she engages in debate unlike May with her over managed and controlled appearances that avoid any akward moments with voters who may disagree with her.
summo on 13 May 2017
In reply to Jack:

> Abbot going down rather well on 'any questions' R4 at the moment. Sounds like a friendly crowd though.At least she engages....

Same every week, plenty enthusiast heckling from the left.

JLS on 13 May 2017
Is anyone else on this thread seeing the Lofloten guide ad?

... Pre order now for May

Are Rockfax providing financial assistance to Theresa May's campaign? Is Alan James in bed with the Murdoch press? Worrying Times...
Post edited at 22:40
FactorXXX - on 13 May 2017
In reply to JLS:

Are Rockfax providing financial assistance to Theresa May's campaign? Is Alan James in bed with the Murdoch press? Worrying Times...

More to the point, is Alan James in bed with Theresa May?
Big Ger - on 13 May 2017
In reply to FactorXXX:

That's a horrible thought....
FactorXXX - on 14 May 2017
In reply to Big Ger:

That's a horrible thought...

Maybe not for Alan...
krikoman - on 15 May 2017

> Did his car just run over somebody's foot?

It's a bit like blaming the passengers for a car crash though, not really much to do with Labour or JC is it?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.