/ Climbing Partner Lancashire/ Lakes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
sarahzest - on 12 May 2017
I started climbing about 6 months ago and have been going to climb inside most weeks. I have only ever completed top roping on the climbing walls (more for lack of opportunity than willingness) but recently spent 3 days trad climbing in Wales and got the bug.

I'm still very much an amateur and only seconded the routes and maximum was a VDiff outside (more for practicing). I'm doing 5+ relatively easily inside now so looking to push further outside in the lakes or Carnforth area just don't know anyone to go with or give me some advice.

Looking for people who want to climb regularly either inside or ideally outside.

I have some basic gear inc some nuts, slings, hexes etc but not had any experience using it much myself!

If you are interested in climbing some time or even just have any tips of where to start let me know. I live near Lancaster and am 27 yr old female.
Iain(2010) on 12 May 2017
In reply to sarahzest:

There is an MIA trainee elsewhere on the forum looking for people they can take out for instruction, that might be another positive step for you towards gaining some more trad experience. They are prepared to do this in N.Wales or Lake District.

Good luck.
Swag_Man - on 12 May 2017
In reply to sarahzest:

Depending what gear you have i'm happy to head out over the weekend. Been climbing for to long, just spent a week in Llanberis, it was great.

Unfortunately i'm only travelling at the moment so do not have a lot of gear. Planning to head out for some bouldering tomorrow but could do some sport, trad if you got enough of a rack.

Cheers

Haydn

bedspring on 12 May 2017
In reply to sarahzest:

Join a club, maybe Kendal or Preston, or even the Uni one https://www.ukclimbing.com/listings/info.php?id=245 I am sure someone told me anyone can join.
Jim 1003 - on 13 May 2017
In reply to sarahzest:

I live in Penrith and am out regularly, mid week , evenings and weekends, text if you want to get out, 07788914982, lead up to vs trad, or 6b sport.
GavClayton on 14 May 2017
In reply to sarahzest:
Hi, I'm also looking for a partner to explore Carnforth area crags after work Tuesdays or Thursdays. Would this suit you?
Thanks, Gavin.
GrahamUney - on 14 May 2017
In reply to sarahzest:

Hi Sarah. I'm working towards my MIA assessment and have been taking 'mock students' out over the last year. I live in the Lakes, and am mainly available midweek. Days out can be just enjoying climbing, or some instruction too if you want that. Drop me a line if you're interested.

Cheers,

Graham
ads.ukclimbing.com
LakesWinter on 14 May 2017
In reply to sarahzest:

Hi, I'd be up for getting out. Drop me a message and I'm sure we can sort something.

sarahzest - on 14 May 2017
In reply to sarahzest:

Hi Everyone,

Thanks so much for all the replies, I have direct messaged people on here.

Really appreciate the advice/ offers, this site is great

Hope to meet some of you soon.

Sarah

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.