/ Climbing partner in London (the castle)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Mona Maria on 13 May 2017
I recently moved to London and am looking for a regular climbing partner (indoors, also outdoors - but no trad), preferably in the castle (is there anything else in that area?). I am a safe belayer (certified in Norway), but no crack leader, and not too serious about myself, and while I don't mind climbing with more experienced people, you might get bored;).

Give me a message!
Mona
Mountain Spirit - on 13 May 2017
In reply to Mona Maria:

I climb at The Castle but boulder only.
Mile End is not too far away and there are lots of knew walls opening up.

What about Fairlop boulders?

Sav
Mona Maria on 13 May 2017
In reply to Mountain Spirit:

Thanks for the tip! Any other advice to a London newbie when it comes to climbing/mountaineering (I just moved here from a mountain village in Arctic and am desperate to get out

Mona
Mountain Spirit - on 13 May 2017
In reply to Mona Maria:

For outdoors you could join a club or just advertise here.

You can do courses at Plas Y Brenin, Glenmore Lodge or just hire an instructor for the day.

We could climb in The Peak together.

Sav

benlatham07 - on 14 May 2017

Lol,, very funny sav,,. Very funny indeed

Cali - on 14 May 2017
In reply to Mona Maria:

I've sent you a message. Xx
Mountain Spirit - on 14 May 2017
In reply to benlatham07:

What is funny about it?
Oceanrower - on 14 May 2017

> What is funny about it?

You really have to ask?
In reply to Oceanrower:

Yes.

Is he referring to the 'climbing I'm The Peak together' part?
Oceanrower - on 14 May 2017

I believe so. And your well advertised habit of not getting there...
ads.ukclimbing.com
In reply to Oceanrower:

V. Funny
climbtim on 14 May 2017
In reply to Mona Maria:

Mona

I work in London Monday to Friday and always looking for climbing/belay partners after work. Boulder at. Vauxhall but also regularly make the trip to the castle. Message me if you fancy meeting up
Tim
Wildabeast - on 14 May 2017
In reply to Mona Maria:

do you want to follow on trad?
Deadeye - on 14 May 2017
In reply to Wildabeast:

> do you want to follow on trad?

That sounds a bit wrong somehow.
LemonFresh - on 16 May 2017
In reply to Mona Maria:

Hey Mona,

I Climb regularly at the Castle and always looking for climbing partners (due to unreliable mates!).
Also keen to get out of London most weekends.

I'll be at the Castle this evening with a rope and a couple of mates - you're welcome to join us (if you can bring a rope, that would be super handy).

Phil
AshleyLong - on 16 May 2017
In reply to Mona Maria:

I recommend joining "The London Rock Climbers" on meetup.com ( http://meetu.ps/c/b4Lz/ntjSl/f )

I'm one of the organisers for LRC, we have a regular group who climb every Monday and Friday (7pm meeting in the cafe), and organise outdoor trips in the summer. It's a good place to meet new people and there are lots of climbers of different experience levels at the meetups (you can normally find a friend to Boulder, top-rope or lead climb with).
Mountain Spirit - on 16 May 2017
In reply to AshleyLong:

Interesting
fifthsunset - on 17 May 2017
In reply to LemonFresh:

> Hey Mona,I Climb regularly at the Castle and always looking for climbing partners (due to unreliable mates!).Also keen to get out of London most weekends.I'll be at the Castle this evening with a rope and a couple of mates - you're welcome to join us (if you can bring a rope, that would be super handy).Phil

Ha this could be a description of me! I'll be at the Castle tonight if anyone fancies joining me. I'll be there from 6pm.

Jed
routrax - on 17 May 2017
In reply to fifthsunset:

Sounds like quite a few of us!
I'd be up for a lead session tonight, if you're interested, can get there about 6.30pm

Cheers
Steve
fifthsunset - on 17 May 2017
In reply to routrax:

Sounds good! I'll pm you. Others welcome to join.
ads.ukclimbing.com
machino on 17 May 2017
In reply to Mona Maria:

Join London Ladies Climb on Facebook - meet ups several times a week at walls all around London. Super friendly bunch, partners galore.
L Christiane on 28 May 2017
In reply to Mona Maria:

Hi Mona,
I will be in London on 10&11 June on visit from DK and would like to climb one of the days..
Please contact me if you would have time...
I have climbed for many years prior to a Kids break and now leading approx 5c, 6a...
Br, Christiane

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.