UKC

Car Hire for the Alps

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 blotterhound2 14 May 2017
Hi there,

I'm looking to fly to the Alps for a couple of weeks this summer, having previously had more time and driven there. I still would like the flexibility of having a car or van once there. Does anyone have any tips or recommendations? There must be better alternatives than hiring from the airport companies.

Will likely be flying in to Geneva and then to Cham, but will want to be to take it into Switzerland and possibly the Italian side.

Thank you.
 Harry Ellis 14 May 2017
In reply to blotterhound2:

There is an Europcar (?) office in Chamonix, just opposite the train station. That way you could use the free bus in cham until you move on.
Hth
 snowplc 15 May 2017
While since I did it but I have hired from the Swiss side of Geneva airport to save a bit of cash. It's slightly less convenient but the car should at least have a Vignette for the Swiss motorways.
Any savings depend on exchange rate obviously! Not sure that Brexit has done us any favours that way...
I haven't been through GVA for a few years so may have all changed now!

You can hire in Chamonix - I can't remember the company but we picked up a car for a day at an office in one of the garages in Cham. Don't remember it being very cheap though (was only for one day though)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...