UKC

'The Detectorists' - Series 3 starts tomorrow

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Fraser 14 May 2017
Just spotted Series 3 is about to begin. Episode 1 starts tomorrow (Monday 15th) at 10pm on BBC2. Hopefully it'll live up to the first two series.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06l51nr

Also 'Count Arthur Strong' - Series 3 this Friday, BBC1 at 8:30pm
 Escher 14 May 2017
In reply to Fraser:

Thanks for that.
 TobyA 14 May 2017
In reply to Fraser:

Yay! Whenever I watch the Detectorists I always feel all is well with the world.
youtube.com/watch?v=Q58Gm18-IMY&
 JMarkW 15 May 2017
In reply to Fraser:

You have just made my day. I thank you sir.
Cheers
Mark
OP Fraser 15 May 2017
In reply to JMarkW:

It made mine when I read about it too! I'd thought they were unlikely to make a 3rd series so when I saw it in the schedule I initially thought it was the first series being rerun. Let's hope Mackenzie Crook's writing doesn't disappoint and the talented cast match their usual high standard.
 JMarkW 15 May 2017
In reply to Fraser:

I've just the BBC website I'm confused?
 More-On 15 May 2017
In reply to Fraser:

That listing suggests it is a rerun of series 1, which fits with the announcement that series 3 will be filmed this summer.
Still, I'm very happy to relive the early days in anticipation of the new stuff...
 JMarkW 15 May 2017
In reply to More-On:

Gotcha. This summer is gonna drag.....
 More-On 15 May 2017
In reply to JMarkW:

I'm sure it will be worth the wait. The first two series produced some of the best telly ever in my humble opinion.
 Castleman 15 May 2017
In reply to TobyA:
> Yay! Whenever I watch the Detectorists I always feel all is well with the world. youtube.com/watch?v=Q58Gm18-IMY&

This. This. This. The simplicity yet depth of the dialogue is excellent.
Post edited at 08:19
OP Fraser 15 May 2017
In reply to More-On:

> That listing suggests it is a rerun of series 1, which fits with the announcement that series 3 will be filmed this summer.

I'd thought that too, but it was the quickest link to the series I could find. I hope I've not misinterpreted it...

> Still, I'm very happy to relive the early days in anticipation of the new stuff...

Hmmm, on reflection, maybe they're repeating the first two series as a primer for the final Series 3.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-03-31/mackenzie-crook-comedy-detectoris...

Sorry to have got your (and my) hopes up! :-/ On the plus side, at least they are making - or have made - a 3rd series, which will hopefully be broadcast very soon.
 JMarkW 15 May 2017
In reply to Fraser:

you are forgiven.....

I didn't even know there was going to be a third series so still great news!!!

Not sure how they will top this though:

youtube.com/watch?v=rbvfpns2LAg&
 More-On 15 May 2017
In reply to Fraser:

No apology required
As JMarkW said above it's great news, even if we have to wait a while.

My only problem with it coming back will be the occasional acquaintance asking, yet again, if that's what I do all day...
...I'm an archaeologist
 pneame 08 Jun 2017
In reply to Fraser:

I have to thank UKC once again - just finished watched season 1 of the detectorists. Absolutely delightful
 Donotello 08 Jun 2017
In reply to Fraser:

I've been waiting for the repeats each week and i just discovered Series 1 and 2 on Netflix.

Stoked. Also you should listen to Johnny Flynn, he does the soundtrack, and has a cameo in the open mic night episode.
 richprideaux 08 Jun 2017
In reply to Donotello:

He is on almost daily rotation on my Spotify. A perfect background mix for 'getting on with work'.
 bouldery bits 08 Jun 2017
In reply to More-On:

> My only problem with it coming back will be the occasional acquaintance asking, yet again, if that's what I do all day......I'm an archaeologist

Surely, you just do what they do in bone kickers!
 More-On 08 Jun 2017
In reply to bouldery bits:

> Surely, you just do what they do in bone kickers!

Absolutely, there's never a day goes by when we don't find treasure with mystical powers

Personally I'd like it to be more like We Are History!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...