/ Partners - Chamonix/Ecrins

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
teh_mark on 16 May 2017
Hi all,

I'll be in Chamonix from the 17th June, and Ailefroide from the 24th. I'm heading out with a bunch of rock climbers, so I'm hoping to find some partners interested in bigger alpine objectives in either place. I may also be back in Chamonix early July, depending on work commitments.

I'm interested in looking at classic mountaineering routes up to about AD+. I've distilled the things that I'm particularly interested in looking at (conditions-dependent) into a ticklist:
https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/set.php?id=1758

If any of that interests you, you're about in either place and potentially looking for a partner, drop me an email.

Juan S on 16 May 2017
In reply to teh_mark:

Hi, my dates don't quite work with yours, but posting here in case they work for someone else: I'll be in Ailefroide from the 10th to the 24th of June. From the 10th to the 17th I'll be on my own (hoping to find partner for either mountaineering route up to PD or rock routes up to 6a). From the 17th to the 24th I'll be with my climbing partner - but we'd be up for a mountaineering route with someone else.
James Gordon - on 18 May 2017
In reply to Juan S:

I'm doing the same as Juan but also because it seems that the kinda ideas/areas talked about are similar to what I have been thinking about too!

I'm planning to be out in Alps 14th July-30th. Looking at AD/D classic ridges (Weisshorn, Verte, Charmoz-Grepon, La Meije), hope to be in Car so flexi (Cham, Valais/Oberland, Ecrins), also happy with rock/ice routes condition dependent!
seanhendo123 - on 24 May 2017
In reply to teh_mark:

Hi Mark, I'm going to be in Chamonix from early June in my van, would be keen for a few of the routes you have in your list. What's your experience in the alps? And at home trad/Scottish winter?

Cheers

Sean
teh_mark on 24 May 2017
In reply to seanhendo123:

yhm
JimBee - on 09 Jun 2017
In reply to seanhendo123:
Bandwagon - jump! Also in Cham from tomorrow 10 June until 22nd June, possibly longer if weather and partners permit.

Will PM those who have already posted above. Anyone looking for partners drop me a message.

Experience on profile page: https://www.ukclimbing.com/user/profile.php?id=46936
Cheers, Jim
chris m fisher - on 10 Jun 2017
Another jump on the bandwagon... I'll be in Chamonix from the 19th June and free to climb until the 23rd, looking for partners for any of those dates.

Have done a reasonable amount of climbing out there, mixed, alpine rock etc.

Will be keen for anything depending on conditions, from valley cragging to more committing things high up. Give me a shout if anyone's keen!

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.