UKC

Campsite Base for Eiger / Jungfrau area

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Stujbro 19 May 2017
Hey

Im heading to attempt the Eiger / Monch etc in august but ive never been to the Grindelwald / Jungfrau area.

Can anyone recommend a decent campsite nearby or even a decently located chalet / hostel? I have seen Camping Jungfrau which looks cool but not sure of practicalities and transport links around the area.

Thanks for any advice.

Stuart

Tommy Harris 19 May 2017
In reply to Stujbro:

Ive camped at the Camping Gletscherdorf in Grindlewald quite a few times when climbing in the area and on the Eiger.. Was a few years ago now but never any issues and had everything we needed... Just a small walk into town and the station for train up to the Kleine Scheidegg.. then onto whichever area/stop you need.

Hope this helps..
 Birks 19 May 2017
In reply to Stujbro:
Can't remember the name but I stayed at the one 5mins walk from the lower train station, 10mins walk from grindlewald townStandard facilities and an indoors area to escape the rain. You pitch your tent so the door opens to the eiger, so you can have your coffee and breakfast looking at the north face! Best camping spot ever!
Post edited at 17:27
 Rick Graham 19 May 2017
In reply to Birks:
> Can't remember the name but I stayed at the one 5mins walk from the lower train station, 10mins walk from grindlewald townStandard facilities and an indoors area to escape the rain. You pitch your tent so the door opens to the eiger, so you can have your coffee and breakfast looking at the north face! Best camping spot ever!

Sounds like the " Campingeigernordwand".

https://www.eigernordwand.ch/?userlang=en
Post edited at 17:30
Stujbro 19 May 2017
In reply to Rick Graham:

Looks perfect, i think thats my decision made, thanks guys!
 wercat 21 May 2017
In reply to Stujbro:
Valley hostel Lauterbrunnen, best value in the area and have used it many times - just as convenient for Kleine Scheidegge trains and everything included in the price, showers, cooking etc

Wetterhorn is a nice peak too
Post edited at 13:04
 wercat 21 May 2017
In reply to Rick Graham:

yes but he'll have to remember to wipe his feet before using the shower block. Nice campsite and situation though

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...