UKC

ARTICLE: Pat Littlejohn's Explorations in North Wales

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 23 May 2017
Pat belaying on the top of Sense of Doubt, 5 kbA piece about some of the more interesting new routes done by Pat Littlejohn and friends in summer 2016.

Read more
 Olaf Prot 23 May 2017
In reply to UKC Articles:

Great article, and shows what's still out there for those who look. Paitsh at Cilan Head brings to mind a phrase uttered by a mate many years back in describing another venue "dirty great sea cliff with the words 'f@*! off" written all over it..."
 Derek Ryden 23 May 2017

I had the pleasure of hearing Pat talk back in 1978. I was totally inspired by the fact that wherever he went, he chose to do new routes - something in his attitude just seemed to find them. Even so, I would not have believed this was possible in the pass in 2017. Truely inspiring. And the guy's even older than me.

Fantastic!
 MischaHY 23 May 2017

What a brilliant article. No messing about, just pure adventure climbing. I could read this all day!
 Sean Kelly 23 May 2017

I climbed the Castle on Carreg Wastad (late 60's) and though the whole area a bit loose so avoided it after that. The guide also suggested this, which is perhaps why nobody bothered with it until now. But after reading Pat's article, you have to admire his keenness. Not bad for an old 'un!
I think that Pat's (auto)biography is one that I really look forward to reading - there is so much to tell.
This is why Pat Littlejohn is my hero. I don't think I have the strength of mind to quest off onsight on unclimbed terrain - but I love doing Pat's routes. Don't think I've done a bad one yet! Consistently do an amazing route, wonder who did the FA and find that it was "Hero Patrick".

Can UKC give this man a regular column?
 tom.fox 24 May 2017

great article beautifully written.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...