UKC

Cinque Torri climbing/camping info

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Oogachooga 23 May 2017
Going in August and after a little info on climbing and camping.

We're after the best campsite (with motorhome) to take advantage of some of the climbs up on the Cinque Torri.
Google shows a few but there always seem to be a few extra here and there. Any hidden gems?

Getting to the Torri, is there a bus up the pass or is it easier to drive?

Grazie

minty1984 23 May 2017
In reply to Oogachooga:

Me and my partner did a few days around that area last year. We camped in the Lagazuoi cable car car park for 3 nights and then would go to Sass Dlacia camp site for a night so we could shower and get fresh water etc. The camp site is about 20-30 mins from lagazoui which is about 10 mins from the Cinque torri chair lift.

Its very popular with people staying in their campervans. There must have been 20-30 vans every night and we had no issues at all. There is a small bar across the road from the car park too.

I am not sure about public transport as we drove between camping and cinque torri.

The whole place is amazing. We did many walks including the world war 1 tunnels in the lagazoui mountain which was a great day out. There is so much climbing within this area. we hardly scratched the surface. I used the rockfax app as a guide which was very good. You can pay for only the crags you are interested in which is a great feature.

There is guy on this forum called James (cannot remember his last name) and I think he wrote the rockfax guide (or at least helped) and he gave us tonnes of advise. He was incredibly helpful. My old post may still be on here if you try searching for it.

Cinque torri was very loose when we were there. It was very busy and was raining stones on us from parties higher up!

very jealous. Enjoy
OP Oogachooga 23 May 2017
In reply to minty1984:

Thanks for that Minty! Very helpful
 Fiona Reid 23 May 2017
In reply to Oogachooga:

Some details here https://www.rockfax.com/databases/results_crag.html?id=987

The road up to the towers is shut from 9:30-15:30 in August.

Having driven up few times in a regular car I'd really not fancy it in a motorhome - it's pretty narrow and doesn't have many passing places. There's also not a lot of parking so you might end up driving back down again.

Parking at the lift station and either getting the lift up or walking up is probably the best option.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...