UKC

INTERVIEW: The Human Fly - Andy Pollitt and Mark Leach

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 25 May 2017
Mark Leach, 2 kbAndy Pollitt follows his interview with Chris Hamper with another of Britain's top climbers of the 80s, Mark Leach.

'Overall, the eighties were a little surreal, as I found myself climbing, living and hanging out with the world’s best climbers. I was just the belay boy to the climbing superstars.'

Read more
 Jon Read 25 May 2017
In reply to UKC Articles:

Keep 'em coming! Enjoying every one.
 Mick Ward 25 May 2017
In reply to Jon Read:

Agree - great stuff.

Mick

Andy, that was brilliant. The one thing that shines out from the '80s crew is just what a nice bunch of people they are. Even Birtles.
PS, 84 looks smarter than I remember it. Satellite dish?
All the best, Paul
 Paul Figg 25 May 2017
Andy, another fab article, keep on rolling them out. The 80's, great era for climbing and fashion. A really good podcast by Niall Grimes with Mark Leach at http://www.niallgrimes.com/jam-crack-podcast/jcpc-025-mark-leach
 Shani 25 May 2017

Nice work Andy. I hope you're working your way through your address book with these interviews?
 AP Melbourne 26 May 2017
In reply to Shani:

> Nice work Andy. I hope you're working your way through your address book with these interviews?

Thanks Shani and all.
Yep, I have the next one in the bag, the following one 99% complete (and a real coup) and am more than happy to keep them going for as long as people enjoy them and The Management are OK with it.
Cheers,
AP.

Karl Bromelow 26 May 2017
In reply to AP Melbourne:

I'm just going to nip over to Chocky to see if you're sharing this down here. Probably not. I know life in Oz can be sweet but I am not sure they have the same interest in nostalgia that Brits do. Unless I include that geezer who keeps prattling on about Kim Carrigan. Great stuff, enjoyed reading it very much.

So who is lined up next. Plantpot? Zippy? Basher? Horse? Scotch? Or maybe Dougie!
 Bulls Crack 26 May 2017

You ran to the beat of Avalon AP? I'm picturing some sort of slo-mo huge lope?!
 AP Melbourne 26 May 2017
In reply to Karl Bromelow:

> I'm just going to nip over to Chocky to see if you're sharing this down here. Probably not.

Cheers Karl but no, the interviews aren't Nati-centric but a Kim Carrigan one might prick up a few serious young lizards' ears hey! I don't have his address - anyone (via PM)? I have tales to tell ,,,,

Graeme - hi, close but no cigar, some real surprises soon though.

Thanks again,
And. xx
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 26 May 2017

I saved that until now, as I knew it would be a good read.

Nice one guys - Glory Days!

Chris

Smeg? Quent? TM (Leachy mentioning Helen made me think of him!)
 Mick Ward 27 May 2017
In reply to Graeme Alderson:

Some interesting names, Graeme. Love the tale of how Little Smeg (not that we're allowed to call him that anymore) and Quent went up from an all-night party in 'Beris to do The Skull. Quent - for all his undoubted prowess - had apparently never been more than 60 feet off the floor (the bits of Stoney he frequented). Needless to say, much fun was had.

Happy days!

Mick
Andrew Popp 27 May 2017

Hey AP, that was nice, Mark's voice rang out strong and clear.
 AP Melbourne 28 May 2017
In reply to Andrew Popp:

Thanks AP No2. You looked alright on that grit video on the other channel.
Cheers,
AP No1.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...