UKC

Which tent

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Hi guys,

My trust ancient Coleman tent has just died and I am in the market for something new. I started to look around and the options these days are mind bending.

I won't be using it all that regularly but would like it to be easy to put up and take down, easy to carry and sleep two people. It'd be great if it didn't cost the earth either but less fussed about this as intend to keep for a long time.

All suggestions welcome!

Thanks a lot.
 haworthjim 25 May 2017
In reply to A Longleat Boulderer:

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/oex-coyote-iii-3-man-tunnel-tent-p360587

Bought one of these last year and so far so good and it's on sale at the moment.

I've never used one but the Macpac Minaret has many fans and would fit the bill. As would, at a slight weight penalty but with greater space, the Macpac Olympus; and I have one of these myself so am happy to make that a personal recommendation.

Mine is over ten years old though, so there's always a chance that current models aren't made to the same bombproof standard.

T.
 DaveHK 25 May 2017
In reply to Pursued by a bear:
Minarets are solid tents but I think they're too small for extended use. I speak from experience. We had one, loved it for occasional use then grew to hate it on a 4 week bike tour. Got a Hilleberg Nallo 2 now and still love it after another long bike tour.
Post edited at 22:48
 d_b 26 May 2017
In reply to DaveHK:

I had a minaret for years. It makes an awesome large 1 person tent but is tight for 2. I have been looking at Hilleberg tunnels but can't quite afford one right now.

Some of the Robens tents look like a reasonable budget options.
 Dark-Cloud 26 May 2017

Might be worth mentioning your target budget as you can get a 2 man with all your wish list from £80 to £800 !

Thanks all for input. I've decided to go and see a few tomorrow rather than buy online. Appreciate the advice. Will let you know what I go for...
 dread-i 27 May 2017

It may not be right for you, but I've just bought one of these in the sale:
http://www.terra-nova.co.uk/tents-and-spares/all-tents/laser-competition-2-...

1.3kg and packs down really small, if you take the poles out and carry them separately. Its got enough room for 2, has two large porches. and lots of ventilation. Because it super light weight, I wouldn't want to spend weeks in it. If pitching it on stones, I'd stick my carry mat under the ground sheet to protect it or buy a foot print.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...