UKC

Dow Crag Dry?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Wizzy 29 May 2017
Yeah just wondering whether Dow crag is likely to be dry on Wednesday. Forecast is good for the day, but heavy showers are forecast tomorrow around 2-4. Any info appreciated!
Cheers
 Mark Eddy 29 May 2017
In reply to Wizzy:

Rained most of the day today around Ambleside / Langdale so likely same around Coniston. Unlikely to be dry Weds morning but maybe by the afternoon, although it goes into the shade then.
 Jon Stewart 29 May 2017
In reply to Wizzy:

Hard to say. Worth a shot I think! It's not a slow-drying crag, it doesn't look like it'll rain too much, and even if some lines are a bit wet in the nooks and crannies, I can't see the whole crag being soaked. I'd say a good choice for mountain cragging on Wednesday. Let us know!

Very helpful I know...
OP Wizzy 29 May 2017
In reply to Mark Eddy:

Hi Mark,

Cheers for that

Chris
 Jon Stewart 29 May 2017
In reply to Mark Eddy:

> Unlikely to be dry Weds morning but maybe by the afternoon

Fair!
OP Wizzy 29 May 2017
In reply to Jon Stewart:

Hi Jon

When I've been climbing in the lakes before, I've been pleasantly surprised at how quickly crags have dried. Always got Gimmer as a back up
 Mark Eddy 29 May 2017
In reply to Wizzy:

Gimmer would be a better bet for rapid drying and afternoon sun
In reply to Wizzy:
Weather anecdote:
We went to two valley crags yesterday - our intended target (failed the day before when the storms came) was on the shady side, and much to our surprise had taken a lot of water and was running. No go.
Conversely, on the sunny side, same rainfall presumably and it was bone dry, we climbed in shorts without shirt all afternoon.
DC
 Simon Caldwell 30 May 2017
In reply to Wizzy:

> Always got Gimmer as a back up

Bit of a trek from Dow though!
Little & Great How are within walking distance and quick to dry.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...