/ Arco/Dolomites late July and August

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
afterthesend - on 30 May 2017
I'm going to be in Arco and the Dolomites in July and August and in need of a partner. Sport, trad, multi-pitch, just want to get as much in as possible.
Will have a full trad rack, ropes, sport line etc...

Tom
nextural - on 31 May 2017
In reply to afterthesend:

Hi Tom! Writing this from the airport so excuse the clumsiness:

I'm doing a stint in Val di Mello from the 8th July for 2-ish weeks then would love to partner up and case Arco and the Dolomites.

I'm sitting on F6a+ now, hoping to crack 6b over the summer. Experience-wise I've done lots of single and multi-pitch sport routes, no experience with trad yet but I'm planning to attack it in Val di Mello, so shall have a full trad rack.

I enjoy travelling super light, wild camping - as with you, I want to climb as much as possible, every single day.

Let me know!
nextural - on 31 May 2017
To elaborate further,

https://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=665045&new=8571351

Inspired by some great climbing in Sicily, I'm looking for partners to join me on a climbing tour taking in crags in Italy, Austria and France from July through September. The super-flexible-and-open-ended-plan is to drive from Aberdeen, Scotland to Val di Mello, Italy around July 8th and go from there taking in the following areas:

Val di Mello, Dolomites, Lake Arco, Valle dell' Orco (Italy)
Innsbruck (Austria)
Ceuse, Verdon Gorge (France)

I haven't been in the game too long but I can onsight F6a+, have sent a few 6b routes and itching to learn. My focus will be on single and multi-pitch sport routes but if there are trad masters out there - consider me a willing apprentice.

Be it for the whole trip or component parts, I'd love to hear from you. I enjoy travelling light, bivying for fun, wild camping and general endurance-related suffering. Other vices include field recording, environmental psychology and weiƟbier. I'm 24, from North-East Scotland and have spent the last few years moving between Berlin, Den Haag and Copenhagen.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Michael

http://www.climb-europe.com/RockClimbingItaly.htm
L Mick Davie - on 18 Jun 2017
In reply to nextural:

Hi Michael,

Nice to meet you! It sounds like you've got a great trip lined up.

I'm heading to the Dolomites around July 5th for two weeks and am looking for a partner who is interested in sport, trad and via ferrata climbing. I've been climbing on and off in Australia and the US for 20 years. I sport climb VI+ / VII- and am happy to lead or second on trad at a slightly lower grade. That said, I'm keen to sharpen my skills on sport routes and will push the grades.

I'm planning to get a train to Bolzano and was then thinking about getting a rental car. I was considering basing myself out of Corvara or Colfosco and climbing as often as possible - although I'm flexible on all fronts. I'm 42, a documentary filmmaker by trade and have lots of energy and enthusiasm.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Michael
www.michaeldavie.com
ads.ukclimbing.com
Madders - on 19 Jun 2017
In reply to Mick Davie:

my friend and I will be heading up Sella way from Venice around the 22nd of July if you wanted to jump in

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.