UKC

LAMM 2017 - friday night?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ben b 31 May 2017
"There is no B&B or hostel accommodation available on Friday night within 20 miles of the LAMM. When the LAMM venue is released, please don't overwhelm local B&Bs with phone calls seeking accommodation as there isn't any!"

What's everyone doing for accomodation for friday? Not sure my back can cope with 2 consecutive nights on the balloon bed and not keen to faff around with tents on friday if it can be helped...

I was guessing the Assynt area but who knows - plenty of accommodation in Ullapool surely?

b
 Simon Caldwell 01 Jun 2017
In reply to ben b:

We'll be camping, taking our bigger tents with proper thermarests and leaving it up all weekend.

My guess is Fisherfield Forest area...
 planetmarshall 01 Jun 2017
In reply to ben b:

> "There is no B&B or hostel accommodation available on Friday night within 20 miles of the LAMM. When the LAMM venue is released, please don't overwhelm local B&Bs with phone calls seeking accommodation as there isn't any!"What's everyone doing for accomodation for friday?

Camping. I'll be in an orange Marmot Grid next to a Silever Yeti if anyone wants to say hello.

DaveW 01 Jun 2017
In reply to ben b:

But surely "real ale from a very local microbrewery on Friday evening" narrows it down?
 planetmarshall 01 Jun 2017
In reply to DaveW:

> But surely "real ale from a very local microbrewery on Friday evening" narrows it down?

Not really. Chapel en le Frith has a 'microbrewery' in the back of the post office.
OP ben b 01 Jun 2017
In reply to Simon Caldwell:

We have gone for the bunkhouse at Aultguish (Garve). Hopefully near enough.

Didn't the pub at Dundonnel have a microbrewery?

Exciting

Have a good race everyone!

B
 Simon Caldwell 01 Jun 2017
In reply to ben b:

Do I win a prize?!
OP ben b 01 Jun 2017
In reply to Simon Caldwell:

Yes - you get to run across the Fisherfield Forest

What a great place to have a race. I gather it has been really dry locally, so not too boggy and presumably no great issues crossing the river behind Shenavall.

Showers forecast for Saturday although 10mph winds might not be enough to keep the midges at bay for the camp I guess. Best look out the midge hood!

b

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...