/ Partners for climbing tour, Italy/Austria/France, Jul - Sep

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
nextural - on 31 May 2017

Hi!

Inspired by some great climbing in Sicily, I'm looking for partners to join me on a climbing tour taking in crags in Italy, Austria and France from July through September. The super-flexible-and-open-ended-plan is to drive from Aberdeen, Scotland to Val di Mello, Italy around July 8th and go from there taking in the following areas:

Val di Mello, Dolomites, Lake Arco, Valle dell' Orco (Italy)
Innsbruck (Austria)
Ceuse, Verdon Gorge (France)

I haven't been in the game too long but I can onsight F6a+, have sent a few 6b routes and itching to learn. My focus will be on single and multi-pitch sport routes but if there are trad masters out there - consider me a willing apprentice.

Be it for the whole trip or component parts, I'd love to hear from you. I enjoy travelling light, bivying for fun, wild camping and general endurance-related suffering. Other vices include field recording, environmental psychology and weiƟbier. I'm 24, from North-East Scotland and have spent the last few years moving between Berlin, Den Haag and Copenhagen.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Michael

http://www.climb-europe.com/RockClimbingItaly.htm
Post edited at 23:43
ads.ukclimbing.com
L LBCPreston - on 19 Jun 2017
In reply to nextural:

Hey Michael,

I'm currently throwing around some ideas for travel destinations from July 16th-19th and was wondering when you planned on being in the Dolomites and in Arco. I'll be in Milan (without a car) until the 16th and was hoping to either make it out to somewhere in the Dolomites or to Arco to do some climbing/hiking.

I've been traveling for the last 7 months and unfortunately didn't bring my rope or quickdraws, but would love to do some sport or trad climbing if you have the necessary gear. 25 years old, from California and have been climbing for the last 8 years on and off. I onsight around 6C and will project anything up to 7A+/7B.

Let me know if these dates work. It'd be awesome to link up and get some climbing in before I head back to the states!

-Preston

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.