UKC

COMPETITION: WINNER - Win a SALEWA Pedroc Alpha Jacket

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
SALEWA Pedroc Alpha Mens, 3 kbLight, warm and breathable, the Pedroc Alpha Jacket is key to staying comfortable during fast activities in the mountains. A hybrid jacket made with exclusive, recycled Polartec® Alpha® 40g insulation, and quick-drying Polartec® Power Dry® fabric, it offers excellent core body temperature regulation whether you’re on the move or standing still. Its bodymapping construction also keeps you dry without compromising weight.Read more
 pentland 01 Jun 2017
In reply to UKC/UKH Articles:

The Salewa Competition question might start some controversy. Salewa started in West Germany in 1935, and was taken over and it's HQ relocated to Bolzano in Italy in 1990.
So interpretation of the question could easily lead to answers of Germany or Italy. So If I say Italy could Germany be correct although West Germany would be more accurate. If anyone answered Germany then could not Italy be correct because that's where their HQ is now.
 La benya 01 Jun 2017
In reply to pentland:

read the question again and then answer your own query
In reply to pentland: Your answer might cause some controversy as West Germany didn't exist in 1935. Until mid 1949 it was simply Germany. The question should be worded better.

olddirtydoggy 01 Jun 2017
Agreed, the question is broken. It should either read, "Where are Salewa based?" or "Where did Salewa originate?" Please clarify the quesrtion.
Post edited at 16:45
 olddirtydoggy 02 Jun 2017
Do the staff here read the comments on comps?
There is clearly a problem here.
Post edited at 10:27
 Theo Moore 02 Jun 2017

The question and answer was set by SALEWA so I assume there is one correct answer, which they have provided. I have altered the multiple choice answers to make the solution clearer.
 Simon Caldwell 02 Jun 2017
In reply to Theo Moore:

So what about those of us who went for the other correct answer that's now disappeared?
 Brraparazzi 02 Jun 2017

The question says where DOES and not where did, seems pretty obvious to me
 Theo Moore 02 Jun 2017

Technically (within the system) there has only been one correct answer so unfortunately if you chose Germany you will not be entered in to the prize draw.

I was not aware that SALEWA originally came from Germany, and the question and answer was given with authority, so apologies for the misunderstanding.
 olddirtydoggy 02 Jun 2017

I think Salewa should give us all a jacket as compensation for this that and the other. Glad I put Italy because I'm fully expecting to win this comp. Thanks Theo for fixing it.
 Bergschrund 03 Jun 2017
In reply to Theo Moore:

Erm...that's all? Seeing how the question was originally phrased Germany was the right answer. I think you guys have to address this
 Tricky Dicky 05 Jun 2017
In reply to olddirtydoggy:

> I think Salewa should give us all a jacket as compensation for this that and the other.

Definitely agree...............

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...