UKC

Recommend a Yorkshire Grit Crag

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Norris 02 Jun 2017
I was wondering if someone could recommend a grit crag in yorkshire for me to go to tomorrow? I've got both volumes, but havent yet really had the chance to thumb through them as yet (i'm currently reading them, but any local knowledge to point me in the right direction is what im after). I'm looking for somewhere with a decent number of good quality easier routes (VD-VS). Not bouldering though, as my wife has dodgy ankles and has had a few injuries in the past.

Cheers
Simon
 Robb Bert 02 Jun 2017
In reply to The Norris:

Check out Crookrise and Ilkley ( Cow and Calf / Quarry / Rocky Valley )
 BnB 02 Jun 2017
In reply to Robb Bert:
> Check out Crookrise and Ilkley ( Cow and Calf / Quarry / Rocky Valley )

Crookrise is probably the best at those grades but Ilkley Quarry has some excellent and intense routes

Almcliff Lower Man is superb at VD and Severe. The Higher Man is nails at VS. Apparently I've led a few but I've blanked out all memory. Brrrr.

Brimham is my favourite at VS. Some real beauties there
Post edited at 20:24
 Chris Harris 02 Jun 2017
In reply to The Norris:

Rylstone ticks plenty of boxes.
 Fredt 02 Jun 2017
In reply to The Norris:

Burbage North.

OP The Norris 02 Jun 2017
In reply to The Norris:

Thanks all, Think i'll try crookrise tomorrow, and have put the other venues on my list to try next. much appreciated. Simon
In reply to The Norris:

Rylstone!

Presidents slab at HD/VD

Dental slab at S

The two best easy routes on grit?

Add rolling gate buttress (MS), a lovely walk along the moor for a long summers day, and you've got a prefect day out...
 Bulls Crack 02 Jun 2017
In reply to The Norris:
Rylstone +1: the superb Dental Slab (S 4a) and President's Slab (VD) and has a better view than most of the other crags mentioned!
Post edited at 22:48
 Robb Bert 03 Jun 2017
In reply to The Norris:

Rylstone. Doesn't get sun till late afternoon and it was raining yesterday. Can be a bit chilly belaying. Bare that in mind if you do visit. Can dry quickly though.

Crookrise today, good choice, enjoy.
If you get this in time.. have a go at Buster S, one of my favourites

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...