UKC

Black Totem cams

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 CPH 03 Jun 2017
Where have the small (black) Totem cams gone?
Is there a new one for sale anywhere in this country?
OP CPH 03 Jun 2017
In reply to Robin Woodward:

thanks for that; unfortunately when you get to checkout there is no stock.
 slab_happy 03 Jun 2017
In reply to CPH:

Needlesports have an "e-mail me when this is back in stock" option on their website, which is how I got mine -- it means you have a fighting chance of pouncing on one before they almost immediately sell out again.
OP CPH 03 Jun 2017
In reply to slab_happy:

thanks; done that
 Sam B 03 Jun 2017
In reply to CPH:

I was at Rock On by the Mile End climbing wall in London the other day, and they had one just hanging on the shelf next to the other sizes, like it was a completely normal thing to have in stock - couldn't believe my eyes. Snapped it up. Not sure whether they had any others, but you could always ring them and ask.
 Si Withington 04 Jun 2017
In reply to CPH:
I heard Totem aren't making/releasing any more stock until summer 2018, not just for the black. No idea why.
Post edited at 21:32
 AlanLittle 05 Jun 2017
In reply to Si Withington:

Totem have a brilliant design; sounds like they need to hire somebody who has some kind of grasp of the whole manaufacturing/logistics thing.
OP CPH 05 Jun 2017
In reply to CPH:

Found one.
Rock On at Mile End Wall have another left.
 jimtitt 05 Jun 2017
In reply to AlanLittle:

> Totem have a brilliant design; sounds like they need to hire somebody who has some kind of grasp of the whole manaufacturing/logistics thing.

Mikel knows all about that stuff it´ s just increasing capacity to suit demand isn´ t easy for a small company with a limited product range, you have to make a profit with what you can do and pay off any credit before you can invest in making more. It´ s also not a good idea to invest heavily to satisfy a short term demand and then in a year or two see the capacity only partially being used while still paying off the debt.
 RM199 05 Jun 2017
In reply to CPH:

Warning about black totem cams. I really like mine, but the trigger/ loading wire ( due to the clever design) of the black is not as well protected at the cam head as the other models. Actually protrudes beyond the cam head, and so consequently mine has become fraid. This would not be an issue if it was just a trigger wire, but the special design of the totem means this is a loading wire. And quite thin at that.

Don't get me wrong, I still love totems, but the black one in particular won't last all that long :-/
 discosucks 05 Jun 2017
In reply to RM199:

I have noticed this too , you can actually hear it rubbing as your pull and release the trigger .

I guess its good that people say they have good servicing
 connor 06 Jun 2017
In reply to CPH:

Just in case anyone in scotland is looking the three wise monkeys wall in fort william have them in stock, you need to phone them to get it sent out though, they also have th large orange one in too
OP CPH 08 Jun 2017
In reply to connor:

arrived by post yesterday; thanks everyone and Rock On, Mile End

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...