UKC

Yellowstone from the UK - which airports/carriers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ridge 04 Jun 2017
As per the title. Looking to visit Yellowstone next year, and trying to figure out the best way to get there. Will probably be based outside the Park in either Jackson, Gardiner or West Yellowstone (depending on ease of access) and driving in each day.

Any advice more than welcome!
In reply to Ridge:

We flew Delta from LHR, Minneapolis, Salt lake city where we had an overnight stop, then drove up to Yellowstone, about 6 hours. Stocked up in SLC as there are a couple of REI stores to buy bear spray and other provisions.
We camped in the first campground coming in from the West Yellowstone entrance which was fine but there were no showers there, we had to drive about 11 miles for a shower at one of the other lodge places where they had showers.
Then had a week at Roosevelt Lodge in one of the basic cabins.
I would recommend staying in the park. I'm glad we did it that way.
An amazing place for wildlife, birds, scenery etc and you dont have to get far off the beaten track for solitude.

In reply to Ridge:

We flew Manchester - Chicago - Salt Lake City. We stayed in, I think, the Little America motel which is pretty central and not such a long drive after you've landed. (There's a good brewpub not far away too). As mentioned, SLC is a good place to stock up (Walmart, REI and more). Think of breaking your journey north with a couple of nights in the Tetons; you have to drive past them and you *will* want to stop.

I'll post more as I remember but feel free to pick my brains if you like.

T.
In reply to Pursued by a bear:

Yes, we did 5 days around the Tetons but didnt make it up the mountains due to feeling rubbish. Still a fantastic place.
Would recommend spending some time there too.

OP Ridge 04 Jun 2017
In reply to All.

Thanks, definately planning to stop at the Tetons en route.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...