UKC

Alex(Honold) pls start our new what did u climb this w.e. fred

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Fakey Rocks 05 Jun 2017

Hi Alex, congratulations btw, hope that was well within yr limits, but would just like to invite you to start the new " what did u climb this weekend" thread, as peeps have been posting on one from 5 weeks ago now, it's getting a bit long, but it's supposed to be a new one each week, isn't it? . Please help.
( only just managed the topic title in exactly the 64 character limit, with adjustments.

Ok, it's elsewhere, anyway!...
... i had a fab day climbing "safe"? stuff at Portland, and did my 1st 6b + this yr, Inch Perfect Inch worm , kind of onsite, some beta, but not really used, went my own way.
Also got to play on a 7a +, which might even be do-able for me, if the 2nd half is no harder... Victims of Fashion.
But whilst belaying my partner on it, (nr the 1st bolt, out right, a hold that became a detached large piece of rock, came away, luckily i had just decided to step in so as not to stress the first bolt, it split into 2 large dinner plate sizes, with very sharp edges, and smaller pieces, which all seemed to miss me, as if i was surrounded by a magic forcefield. Proud to say i had my helmet on too anyway. But had any hit me, possible broken collar bone, badly gashed skull (without helmet) , face, knee / ankle / foot etc! Theoretically, it could, in fact, actually have killed me. Just don't assume all us safe on sports climbs. Bloomin lucky.... rpt to readers. .. GLAD I WAS WEARING A HELMET, it's well worth getting one )
Post edited at 19:19
OP Fakey Rocks 05 Jun 2017
In reply to Rock to Fakey:

Btw, lady on "the price of silence" or "the sound of 1 hold snapping"? Battleship back cliff , u left yr Rock shoes, see lost items page.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...