UKC

inspiration for climbing trip to Europe

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
001HELEN 06 Jun 2017
I'm looking to go climbing in Europe for 1 to 2 months. I'm drawn mostly to Italy, France and Sardinia. I was hoping there may be a few people on here that could share any infor on good crags and areas to base myself. All info welcome.
 jon_gill1 06 Jun 2017
In reply to 001HELEN:

Hi Helen,really depends on what kind of grade you're looking for and if you have a climbing partner or need to find partners when there. In France one of my favourite crags is Chateauvert in southern France which covers all grades really in a lovely setting by the river. If you're climbing 6b upwards and are ok with multi pitch then the Verdon Gorge is incredible but I think the best time to go is around October,as it's generally a more acceptable heat. As far as Sardinia goes, I have always stayed in Cala Gonone in the north East where there is plenty to go at with over 50 crags within an hours drive. Again October is a good month. Italy has a great choice of venues,far to many to list... perhaps if you put the kind of grades you're looking for and if it's trad or sport you are after. I can give more info based on what you are looking for as can others.

Hope that helps

Jon

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...