/ Recommend me some compression shorts

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Dave Kerr - on 07 Jun 2017
I've got a pair of cheap Decathlon compression shorts that I wear as undershorts for longer events. They're by far and away the most comfortable underwear I've got for running but they stopped doing them and I don't like the look of the newer ones.

Any recommendations? They don't need to be super de duper expensive jobs just supportive, no raised seams and a decent waistband.

Ta.
SouthernSteve on 07 Jun 2017
In reply to Dave Kerr:

I have some Skins ones - the cheaper A200 type not the thicker A400s and these are fine. In more inclement weather I have been wearing them under loose 'waterproof' shorts to great effect! They seem to be lasting well.
Dave Kerr - on 07 Jun 2017
In reply to SouthernSteve:

Cheers, I'll check them out.
Rampikino - on 08 Jun 2017
In reply to Dave Kerr:

The Karrimor ones in Sports Direct seem to be very hardy. I've had a number of pairs of them for a few years now and they are going strong.
Graham Briffett on 08 Jun 2017
In reply to Dave Kerr:

Another vote for the Skins ones. Just don't wear them on their own. Please.
HB1 - on 08 Jun 2017
In reply to Dave Kerr:

I recommend the Skins too. I have the A400s for walking/running (lousy hip - no cartiledge) For climbing I've some New Balance (not quite so binding)
richlan - on 08 Jun 2017
In reply to Graham Briffett:

Just out of interest what shorts are people wearing over the top of Skins, most decent light running shorts have liner briefs in them which are a bit pointless really and offer zero support.....
ads.ukclimbing.com
SouthernSteve on 08 Jun 2017
In reply to richlan:

I got very light Karrimor ones and cut the liner out, if not using the OMM waterproof ones. Not allowed to leave the house without one or the other!
richlan - on 08 Jun 2017

Cheers, i did wonder if i was going to end up buying some Salomon ones and taking the scissors to them, seems a bit wasteful though, can't understand why nobody make decent ones without liners for those of us who wear undershorts or our own underwear etc,
guy127917 - on 08 Jun 2017
In reply to Dave Kerr:

I like the Nike Combat range a lot
More-On - on 08 Jun 2017
In reply to richlan:

Ronhill do some unlined windbloc shorts. I'm about to order some to try over undershorts for longer runs in the mountains. Might be worth a look...
Neil Williams - on 09 Jun 2017

I find A400s better than A200s which tend to slip down sometimes, but I've got both.
davegs - on 13 Jun 2017
In reply to Dave Kerr:

I have a pair of A200 Skins and a pair of Compressport UW Trail short. There is noticeably more compression in the Compressport compared to the skins. Both are comfortable. The compressport are expensive unless you can find a deal, got mine from Sports Pursuit.

https://www.compressport.com/product_detail/uw-trail-running-short-v2/?id_cat=22

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.