UKC

Facebook community standards

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 buzby 07 Jun 2017
Today a friend on Facebook shared a video which showed the stabbing of one of the victims on the London attacks. it clearly shows the three men running after and stabbing the victim and then being shot dead by police.
I reported it to Facebook saying it contained graphic violence which is something they say they wont allow and received a message back saying it wont be taken down as it doesn't breach their community standards.
Thoughts ?
 wilkie14c 07 Jun 2017
In reply to buzby:

Leave facebook.
Best thing i ever did to regain my privacy and time.
OP buzby 07 Jun 2017
In reply to wilkie14c:

you might have a point, I came very late to Facebook under pressure from my grown up kids and have come to like it as it lets me see what my grandkids are up to who live in another country. does have its downsides though. I always feel obliged to accent friend requests from old school pals some of whom have strong feelings about morally dubious issues.
 wilkie14c 07 Jun 2017
In reply to buzby:
it does tend to bring the worst in some people. My profile is still active but i don't have the app anymore, over a year ago now. I have many good people on there that I don't want to lose touch with, many climbing friends and some ex-UKC'ers. it's mainly work people and other acquaintances.

I find it's an awful lot of attention seeking, self gratifying pitty party's. I am bit of a grump though.
Post edited at 22:32
 Big Ger 07 Jun 2017
In reply to buzby:

Says as much about your "friends" as it does about FB.
In reply to buzby:

Contact your 'friend' and suggest that they delete their post.
 Mr Lopez 07 Jun 2017
In reply to buzby:

Use the 'blocking' tools to purge your timeline from stuff like that. For example, that video was posted up by that EDL wankpuffin Tommy Robinson. If you click in the corner of the post you get an option "block everything for this racist tw*t' or something like that. Click it and you'll be free of him. If your 'friend' keeps reposting stuff you are not comfortable watching, you can nuke him in the same way.

winhill 07 Jun 2017
In reply to buzby:

The video is on lots of news media sites, although they've blanked the victim to protect their identity.

I wouldn't have thought FB would take it down.
 Dax H 08 Jun 2017
In reply to wilkie14c:

> Leave facebook. Best thing i ever did to regain my privacy and time.

I did this 2 years ago and until I was out I didn't realise how much Facebook invades your life.
Might sound strange but it was a weight off my shoulders when I closed the account.
OP buzby 08 Jun 2017
In reply to Big Ger:

yes but the one I saw showed a lot more including the stabbing of one of the victims and was a lot clearer.
 Big Ger 08 Jun 2017
In reply to buzby:

It's on the BBC now

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...