UKC

Pembrokeshire up to HVS

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 gazfellows 10 Jun 2017
HI.. Me and the missus are off to Pembrokeshire for our honeymoon next week for 9 days! We've been once before and ticked a few classics like sea mist and Blue Sky. Although we're more than happy to tick them again can anybody recommended me routes anywhere on the coast up to HVS ?

Cheers Gaz..
 luke glaister 10 Jun 2017
In reply to gazfellows:
3 of my favourites in the area.
Riders on the Storm (HVS 5a)
Hercules (HVS 5a)[climb(24754,
"Front Line")]
Rider's is easerly the best. Looks intimidating when on the belay leadge. But is awesome once u commit to it. Have fun and happy honeymoon.
Luke.
 Phil1919 10 Jun 2017
In reply to gazfellows:

Looks like you're going to get some good weather.
 Fiend 10 Jun 2017
In reply to gazfellows:

Absolutely loads around St David's area, not just the obvious Porth Clais / Barcud slabs but all around the coast:

http://www.climbers-club.co.uk/shop/books/mid-south-wales/pembroke-north-vo...
 The Ivanator 10 Jun 2017
In reply to Fiend:
https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/set.php?id=1592
A list of top HS to HVS routes in Pembroke I compiled a while ago, should keep you busy
Post edited at 17:14
OP gazfellows 10 Jun 2017
In reply to luke glaister:

Cheers luke.. Yeah I definitely have that one on the list. Thanks mate
OP gazfellows 10 Jun 2017
In reply to Phil1919:

Yeah it's looking quite good
 GerM 10 Jun 2017
In reply to gazfellows:

Twinkler (HVS 5a) HVS 5a in new CC guide. Requires careful ropework on first pitch, but an absolutely amazing route. Packs in quite a bit of adventure into just two pitches.
 JamButty 10 Jun 2017
In reply to gazfellows:

Army Dreamers, or I loved Malice Aforethought - both a bit different than your norm....
In reply to gazfellows:

Remember the Range will mainly be closed midweek, but usually open Mon, Wed & Friday evening (from 5pm so still 5 hrs of daylight at this time of year) and all weekend.

Check firing times, and phone the recorded message in the morning, because often the road to st govs is open even when firing is scheduled, so you can climb at st govan's & trevallan.

At HVS, Sunny corner is brilliant and not often recommended, The hole at trevallan is well worth a couple of stars although a little bold at the start and it is the easiest way out of trevallan, Front line and army dreamers at St govans are both nice climbs.If the Range is closed, head east to Mother careys for meridan and threadneedle street, then next door to white tower for sea groove. All nice at VS.

Plenty to do up north also.
 FactorXXX 11 Jun 2017
In reply to gazfellows:

Bludgeon (HVS 5a)

Bludgeon is an obvious one.
 duchessofmalfi 11 Jun 2017

Heart of Darkness
In reply to duchessofmalfi:

Heart of darkness is a classic at HVS as long as your second is happy on an HVS traverse where a fall will leave them hanging in space below an overhang.

Also there is a bird ban from Deidre Sud - New morning (I believe, please check for yourself), so would have to finish up Blowin in the wind.
 mattrm 11 Jun 2017
In reply to FactorXXX:

> Bludgeon (HVS 5a)Bludgeon is an obvious one.

Would definitely recommend this as it was my first HVS. Lovely route and a bit of an adventure to get to the base of the route as well. Great fun.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...