UKC

Trump's visit cancelled

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jun/11/donald-trump-state-visit-to...

Bitterly disappointing news. Like many others, I imagine, I was looking forward to losing my placard-waving virginity.

jcm
 EarlyBird 11 Jun 2017
In reply to johncoxmysteriously:

I can't claim I would be waving a placard for the first time but I am similarly disappointed by Mr Trump's no-show.
 Dax H 11 Jun 2017

He doesn't want to visit until the British public support him.
Going to be waiting a bloody long time then.
 birdie num num 11 Jun 2017

It would be a disappointing anticlimax, you lost your virtual placard waving virginity years ago.

I'm waiting for Macron to invite Donny Tinyhands before preparing my placard.

Might be a long wait!
pasbury 11 Jun 2017

Probably worried about the jihadi threat, he's much safer at home surrounded by by millions of heavily armed Americans.
 veteye 11 Jun 2017

That's a result then.
 Big Ger 12 Jun 2017

Good news, Lord Dampnut should not be welcomed in any civilised country.
Clauso 12 Jun 2017

If the Queen had any sense then she ought to abdicate now, before he changes his mind.
 Pete Pozman 12 Jun 2017
In reply to Clauso:

Apparently he's still coming. Let's hire a charabanc now so we can do a mass trespass on one of his golf courses. We can do a mass piss on the eighteenth green.
I'm so looking forward to telling him to sod off.
 Matt Vigg 12 Jun 2017

You've now effectively committed yourself to being a placard waver when he does eventually turn up, I'm sure there are a few people that would enjoy photographic evidence of that when it happens...!

https://d.ibtimes.co.uk/en/full/1587375/trump-protest-london.jpg?w=400
 ericinbristol 12 Jun 2017

Extremely disappointing. My whole family was going to be there. I think it would have been the biggest demo in British history.
 Trevers 12 Jun 2017

Agreed - I was very much looking forward to the chance to tell him how I feel about him.
 Trangia 12 Jun 2017

Placard waving would have been a waste of time. Far more effective would have been if the crowd had stood in silence and turned their backs as the cortege went past. Academic now.
 tony 12 Jun 2017

It's a funny thing - I didn't want him to come in the first place, but now I'm denied the opportunity to go and protest against him, I feel a bit disappointed.

Still, if he's not going to come until the British public warms to him, we are now a Trump-free zone for some considerable time, which has to be a good thing.
In reply to Trangia:

I might modify that slightly; turn backs, drop trousers and bend over.

On the other hand, Trump might take that as a different meaning than intended...
 Pete Pozman 12 Jun 2017
In reply to Trangia:

> Placard waving would have been a waste of time. Far more effective would have been if the crowd had stood in silence and turned their backs as the cortege went past. Academic now.

I think it would be better if everyone were to stand in silence but trump loudly and in unison as he went past in the golden coach. If they didn't feel like trumping maybe they could do that thing with their armpits or use Union Jack whoopy cushions bought from street vendors cashing in on the opportunity?
Removed User 12 Jun 2017
We should all wave the same banner to ensure he gets the message:

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/755193417743892480/IW222HIU.jpg
Post edited at 00:00

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...