UKC

All Party Brexit Negotiations

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 krikoman 11 Jun 2017
Apologies if this has been done before.

All Party Brexit Negotiations, I received a online petition, not a y
YouGov one, asking for all party Brexit negotiations.

With the Tories in a weakened state and the possibility of a bill for this to be passed through Parliament what do the UKC massive think about the idea?

Like is for , Dislike against to make it easier if you.

I'm a for by the way, I can see the difficulty in coming to a consensus but it so important I think ALL parties should have a say. I sound like a communist

BnB 11 Jun 2017
In reply to krikoman:

Count me in. It doesn't matter that they don't agree. What matters is that all voices are heard.
 jonnie3430 11 Jun 2017
In reply to BnB:

> What matters is that all voices are heard.

Why? It's going to be difficult enough already without hearing everyone and their dog bleating about what they would like in a perfect world, except this isn't a perfect world, compromises are going to have to be made, everyone isn't going to be happy, so let the ones that are responsible for the decision make it, and the rest of us accept that democracy has spoken and if we are unhappy about it, do better in educating those that don't think what like we do.

Committees: Pah, Vetinari knew what he was doing.
OP krikoman 11 Jun 2017
In reply to jonnie3430:

> don't think what like we do.Committees: Pah, Vetinari knew what he was doing.

I'm Claiming an early Godwin here, That's what Hitler would have said.
 Dax H 11 Jun 2017
In reply to krikoman:

Does it really matter? I can't see any sort of deal happening in the next 18 months as all the member states need to agree to it and that's not going to happen.
 jonnie3430 11 Jun 2017
In reply to krikoman:

http://whatisupwiththesynod.com/index.php/2016/05/12/lord-vetinari-on-how-t...

Couldn't find Hitler's opinion on committees, but even the Communists couldn't make them work.
 birdie num num 11 Jun 2017
In reply to krikoman:

I'd like to see all the different versions of Brexit laid out in a pamphlet so I can pick the one that suits me best.
pasbury 11 Jun 2017
In reply to krikoman:

> Apologies if this has been done before.All Party Brexit Negotiations, I received a online petition, not a yYouGov one, asking for all party Brexit negotiations.With the Tories in a weakened state and the possibility of a bill for this to be passed through Parliament what do the UKC massive think about the idea?Like is for , Dislike against to make it easier if you.I'm a for by the way, I can see the difficulty in coming to a consensus but it so important I think ALL parties should have a say. I sound like a communist

Democrat more like!
pasbury 11 Jun 2017
In reply to jonnie3430:

I believe committees are involved anyway.
OP krikoman 12 Jun 2017
In reply to jonnie3430:

> Couldn't find Hitler's opinion on committees, but even the Communists couldn't make them work.

He didn't like them, it's on page two of Mein Kampf, worse than gypsies I think was the term he used.
 GrahamD 12 Jun 2017
In reply to krikoman:

This talk about governments negotiating Brexit is bollocks, obviously but it obviously appeals to a public reared on the Apprentice and Dragons Den. Negotiations are the long painful slog of ploughing through minute detail, undertaken by hundreds of civil servants. Governments never get involved in the detail at that level.
 NoddyBoulder 12 Jun 2017
In reply to jonnie3430:

> Why? It's going to be difficult enough already without hearing everyone and their dog bleating about what they would like in a perfect world,

Cross-party involvement doesn't have to mean every MP gets an equal say, just that there is input from all parties. Otherwise the Conservatives will get to make 100% of the decisions in the negotiations even though they got 49% of the seats in parliament and 42% of the votes.
 jonnie3430 12 Jun 2017
In reply to NoddyBoulder:

So they should make 49 or 42% of the decisions?
 timjones 12 Jun 2017
In reply to krikoman:

Have you got a link to the proposal?

It's hard to pass judgement without knowing a bit more about the nuts and bolts of how it is envisioned that this would be achieved?

Maybe "no party Brexit negotiations" would be a better idea?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...