UKC

Bosigran (Commando) Ridge - Filming Notice

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mark Kemball 12 Jun 2017

As BMC SW area secretary, it has been bought to my attention that there will be filming in the Bosigran Ridge Area 4th - 5th July. Below is the text of the filming notice.

FILMING NOTICE
Friday 9th June, 2017
To whom it may concern,
Betty TV Limited, in conjunction with the National Trust Film Office shall be recording a TV show on
TUESDAY 4TH JULY – WEDNESDAY 5TH JULY, 2017
COMMANDO RIDGE (TR20, nr. Bosigran Farm, Cornwall)
and the surrounding areas.
In the interest of avoiding inconvenience and disappointment, we respectfully request that climbers
avoid this area on these two days, to ensure that filming can proceed without disruption. As I’m sure all
members appreciate, the faster we have completed our operation; the sooner we can vacate the
location and access can resume as normal.
In addition to the above, the Coastal Footpath that passes by the location shall be diverted, so access to
the site shall be further limited.
We hope that by giving advance warning of our operation, we can avoid disruption and inconvenience
for as many climbers and walkers as possible.
Finally, betty TV would like to reassure all stakeholders and climbers that the preservation of the site is
of utmost importance to our operation. Our entire team shall be briefed on the heritage of the location,
its role in the climbing community, and the conservation initiatives in place, care of the National Trust.
If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact Line Producer, Paul Fletcher on the
contact details below.
Yours sincerely,
Paul Fletcher
Post edited at 10:22
 bpmclimb 14 Jun 2017
In reply to Mark Kemball:

> and the surrounding areas.

That's not very specific. Are they hoping to keep climbers out of distant shots too? What about Main Face?

> and access can resume as normal.

Does the suspension of access have any official (i.e. legal) status, or is it a request? It's not exactly clear which it is from the notice.

OP Mark Kemball 14 Jun 2017
In reply to bpmclimb:

All I know is what is written above. Given the wording "we respectfully request" I doubt it has any legal status...
 Oceanrower 14 Jun 2017

Cool. Not been there for a while. Might earn a few quid if they pay me to stay out of shot.

I'm assuming I have as much right to be there as they do...
 Oceanrower 14 Jun 2017

p.s. Can we have the "contact details below" please?
OP Mark Kemball 14 Jun 2017
In reply to Oceanrower:

I suspect this notice is to climbers much the same as a red rag to a bull...

The contact details are:

Paul Fletcher
Line Producer,
Tel: +44 (0) 7901 767 218
Email: paul.fletcher@betty.co.uk

And a quick google gives https://www.betty.co.uk/
 Michael Hood 14 Jun 2017
In reply to Mark Kemball: Betty do Bear Grylls programs!!! Commando Ridge needs to be occupied by proper climbers the whole 2 days just in case it's for a BG program and he shows up

I trust they will not be tempted to place any fixed gear.
David Hillebrandt
OP Mark Kemball 15 Jun 2017

I notice there's 10 dislikes for my original post (there'd be 11 if you were allowed to dislike your own posts) and 1 like. Why would anyone like this?
 d_b 15 Jun 2017

They probably like the fact that you took the effort to share useful information.

It sometimes is hard to tell whether people think the like/dislike buttons are there to express an opinion about the subject matter or the person posting.
 toad 15 Jun 2017

oooh. Betty seem to be the producer of choice for Bear Grylls programmes. Better check the bookings of nearby 5* hotels to see if he's roughing it nearby
 d_b 15 Jun 2017

We are 11 replies in and nobody has proposed a mass ascent. I consider this negligent.
 Tony the Blade 15 Jun 2017

Personally I don't see a problem with their request. That's all it is, a request. So what if it's for BG to top rope solo CR

They have requested a midweek date to have sole use of a climb/crag to film something for the National Trust (I assume), and yet we, the great and the good of climbing, are against such a thing, why? Can't you climb somewhere else for those days, or did you have a plan to actually climb there on those days?
markwynneuk 15 Jun 2017
In reply to Tony the Blade:

Totally agree
 Rob Parsons 15 Jun 2017

> I notice there's 10 dislikes for my original post (there'd be 11 if you were allowed to dislike your own posts) and 1 like. Why would anyone like this?

Seems reasonable to me; as does the original polite request.

I see on https://www.betty.co.uk/programmes/all that they also produce 'Obsessive Compulsive Cleaners.' Maybe it's a crag clean-up day?

Edit: or maybe it's 'Extreme Breastfeeding': https://www.betty.co.uk/programmes/details/extreme-breastfeeding 'Extreme Ironing' eat your heart out!
Post edited at 16:18
 bpmclimb 16 Jun 2017
In reply to Tony the Blade:

> They have requested a midweek date to have sole use of a climb/crag to film something for the National Trust (I assume), and yet we, the great and the good of climbing, are against such a thing, why? Can't you climb somewhere else for those days, or did you have a plan to actually climb there on those days?

On the other hand, it's mid-summer, and it's not just any route - it's one of the most sought-after lower-grade routes in the UK. There's nothing else quite like it, not for hundreds of miles. It doesn't seem implausible to me that people may have plans to climb it exactly then; after all, the film company didn't give a lot of notice, and holiday plans may already have been made.

Yes, of course it's true climbers could climb elsewhere; but equally one could wonder why the filming has to be in such a popular location in the middle of summer.

Also, it's not clear how much of the area is affected - will climbers on Main Face spoil the distant shots, for example. I've Emailed Paul Fletcher asking for clarification.
 philhilo 17 Jun 2017
In reply to bpmclimb:

Not sure I would go with 'nothing quite like it for hundreds of miles'.
Lands End Long Climb - better quality and less artificial.
 Offwidth 17 Jun 2017
In reply to philhilo:
You are joking right? Commando Ridge is utterly amazing for the sustained level of protectable interest taking the easiest way up the crest (apart from the tricky finish). Lands End Long Climb is less than half the length and a massive sandbag (scary HS in my view); is quite weaving and all the crux sections are completely avoidable by the easiest line.
Post edited at 10:32
 brianjcooper 17 Jun 2017
> As BMC SW area secretary, it has been bought to my attention that there will be filming in the Bosigran Ridge Area 4th - 5th July. Below is the text of the filming notice.

I think it quite arrogant of Betty TV Limited and the National Trust to give such short notice to the general public. Many walkers and climbers may have booked accommodation etc. months ago in order to visit the area. When and where was it widely advertised?

I'm certainly not opposed to the making of a film, and would also have thought Spring, with all the wild flowers, better timing.
Post edited at 13:59
 Sean Kelly 17 Jun 2017

Reading between the lines I think that the program is all about extreme challenges for limbless ex-servicemen to tackle. so CR would ideally fit the bill.

This is a genuine question?

If this is for a documentary then why does the rout need to be free of climbers? If it was an episode of Polldark then I can see that me popping up in bright 21st Century t-shirt being an issue. But surely a documentary about a rock climb could just have err rock climbers in it
OP Mark Kemball 18 Jun 2017
In reply to John Clinch (Ampthill):

I've no idea what they're planning to film...
 Brass Nipples 18 Jun 2017

In the interest of avoiding inconvenience and disappointment, we respectfully request that film makers
avoid this area on these two days, to ensure that climbing can proceed without disruption. As I’m sure all film makers appreciate, the faster we have completed our climbs; the sooner we can vacate the
location and access can resume as normal.
 Chris Harris 18 Jun 2017

Turn up with a film crew & film them filming.
 d_b 19 Jun 2017
In reply to Chris Harris:

But who films the filmer filmers?
 kedvenc72 19 Jun 2017

If ever we need a university club to put a post up saying they are occupying the whole area with top ropes for two days this it it.
 toad 19 Jun 2017
In reply to davidbeynon:

> But who films the filmer filmers?

The national trust, of course - just to make sure they've squeezed every last drop of licensing and royalties out of everyone possible
 danm 19 Jun 2017
In reply to bpmclimb:

People could use their imagination and climb some of the other superb routes nearby, it's not like Cornwall is short of them. Alternatively, people could defy the wishes of the landowner and needlessly antagonise one of the biggest stakeholders climbers deal with when it comes to access. Perhaps if people thought a bit more before beating their chests it would help....
OP Mark Kemball 19 Jun 2017

For everyone's information, Bosigran Ridge is on CRoW / Coastal Access land, and as far as I can see, there are no access restricions in place for the period concerned. http://www.openaccess.naturalengland.org.uk/wps/portal/oasys/maps/MapSearch...
 danm 19 Jun 2017

RAD needs an update then, it states that Bosigran and Bosigran Ridge are not on CROW land. Either way, there are plenty of crags which aren't on access land which are owned by the NT, and of course the landowner has the right to restrict access for some parts of the year such as at Bamford. Perhaps they didn't feel the need to go through a formal closure process because they assumed people would be reasonable...
OP Mark Kemball 19 Jun 2017
In reply to danm:

Don't get me started on the BMC website...
 Trangia 19 Jun 2017

Whilst a first reading the request seems a bit high handed given the short notice, but in reality how many climbers/walkers will actually been inconvenienced by it? Lets start with those who have responded to this thread. Were any of you planning to climb or walk at Bosi on or in the vicinity of Commando Ridge on 4th/5th July?

I tend to agree with philhio that Lands End Long Climb is a better climb. With the exception of the fantastically atmospheric zawn pitch I find Commando Rudge to be generally disappointing and artificial. I much preferred Lands End Long Climb, though I will concede that the "jump" is intimidating - I still can't believe I did it, and I certainly wouldn't now
 S Andrew 19 Jun 2017
In reply to Trangia:
We are almost certainly planning to climb at Bosigran on at least one of those days. And W Penwith is not easy to get to from Edinburgh.
Post edited at 18:49
 Trangia 19 Jun 2017
In reply to S Andrew:

Then I think you have every right to ignore that request given the short notice, as I've already said I consider it high handed, and if I was in your boot/shoes I'd tell them to piss off if they tried to stop us. I remember about 30 years ago when a film crew tried to stop us climbing at Harrisons when they were making an advert. We were happy to keep certain areas free for an hour or so, but not all bloody day! And they gave no notice at all, and got quite belligerent when we said enough was enough, and started climbing again.

Also they didn't want me as their lead man B*stards
 knighty 19 Jun 2017
In reply to Trangia:

Yep, I'm planning on climbing there on one of these days. While there are plenty of options around the penwith area, not many are non tidal.
 Trangia 19 Jun 2017
In reply to knighty:

> Yep, I'm planning on climbing there on one of these days. While there are plenty of options around the penwith area, not many are non tidal.

Presumably you know that approaching the zawn pitch (best) of Commando Ridge can be tidal?

Enjoy!
 knighty 19 Jun 2017
In reply to Trangia:

Yes, but it still has not been confirmed or otherwise whether the main crag face will be 'closed'.
 mbh 19 Jun 2017
In reply to knighty:

> Yep, I'm planning on climbing there on one of these days. While there are plenty of options around the penwith area, not many are non tidal.

Just stay right there then and look around. Might find something.
 Offwidth 19 Jun 2017
In reply to Trangia:

You can ab in to pretty much the start of the climbing on pitch 1 at high tide.
 Luke90 19 Jun 2017
In reply to knighty:

I think a lot of the fighting talk on this thread about defying the filmmaker's request was a bit over the top if they're only asking people to stay off Commando Ridge. Expecting to close the whole of Bosigran would strike me as an entirely different kettle of fish and worthy of a bit of polite defiance.
 bpmclimb 19 Jun 2017
In reply to danm:

> Perhaps they didn't feel the need to go through a formal closure process because they assumed people would be reasonable...

Obviously, given the status and nature of the climb/area, some climbers feel that the lack of such a process, properly publicised with plenty of notice, is in itself unreasonable.
 bpmclimb 19 Jun 2017
In reply to Trangia:

> Lets start with those who have responded to this thread. Were any of you planning to climb or walk at Bosi on or in the vicinity of Commando Ridge on 4th/5th July?

Yes.

S Andrew 19 Jun 2017
In reply to bpmclimb: If you've booked a week's holiday a few months in advance then no, it's not really adequate notice. Nor is it particularly considerate to arrange it during school holidays.
However the ridge isn't a top priority (though it looks fun) so as long as the main crag isn't affected I'm sure we'll manage. With a bit of a grumble.

Simon Caldwell 20 Jun 2017
In reply to Offwidth:

> You can ab in to pretty much the start of the climbing on pitch 1 at high tide.

Not always. Last time we were there it was low tide on a windless day, but for some reason the waves were so big that not only could we not walk round to the start (I got soaked when going for a look), but abbing in was also out of the question - we scrambled to the top of the first pitch, and the waves were coming half way up the pitch!
 bpmclimb 20 Jun 2017
In reply to all:

I Emailed Paul Fletcher on 15 June, asking for clarification about the areas he proposes to close to climbers; I also directed him to this thread and suggested he post on here. So far, no reply (and no post).
 toad 20 Jun 2017
In reply to bpmclimb:
You should post on one of the bushcraft/ survival forums about the opportunity for a meet and greet with Bear on those dates.

But I suspect that the professional advice these days is not to engage with social media as there is limited scope for a positive outcome
 barry donovan 21 Jun 2017

' and surrounding areas'
 Dell 21 Jun 2017
In reply to toad:

> You should post on one of the bushcraft/ survival forums about the opportunity for a meet and greet with Bear on those dates.

I'm fairly sure the bushcraft/survival crowd won't want to meet Bear Grylls. Except to take the piss!

bpmclimb 22 Jun 2017
In reply to bpmclimb:

> So far, no reply (and no post).

Update: I have now had a (very courteous) Email from Paul Fletcher. Unfortunately, he isn't any more specific about what "and the surrounding areas" means. I've replied, suggesting that he provide more detail (indicating in particular whether or not Main Face is affected), and both inform the BMC and post on UKC.
 Tom Last 22 Jun 2017
In reply to knighty:

Actually, I reckon I could give you options for about 50 non-tidal climbing areas, if not entirely separate crags in Penwith. I'm playing Devil's advocate a bit since I agree this is pretty unacceptable if they expect folks to stay off the main face, but don't despair, there is a huge amount of non-tidal climbing in Penwith.
bettytv 23 Jun 2017
FILMING NOTICE: ADDENDUM

Friday 23rd June, 2017

To whom it may concern,
betty is recording a TV programme on TUESDAY 4TH JULY – WEDNESDAY 5TH JULY, 2017 on COMMANDO RIDGE (TR20, nr. Bosigran Farm, Cornwall) and the surrounding areas.

Following our original notice on 9th June, we have been in consultation with the land owners and members of the local and national climbing community regarding our filming plans.
The key reason for filming at this location is to highlight the area’s unique military heritage and climbing history, and one of our main considerations is to lessen the inconvenience to the climbing community caused by our filming.
We are currently working on a schedule that will allow for some climbing to take place on parts of the site, whilst we operate on other areas. This schedule shall be shared with stakeholders as soon as possible via posts on websites and forums.

In order to ensure the health and safety of climbers and the film crew, it will be necessary for members of the public to avoid some specified areas at times of operation.
betty would like to reassure all stakeholders and climbers that the preservation of the site is of utmost importance to our team.

If you have any further queries, or if you are planning to climb on those days, please do not hesitate to contact the Line Producer at betty, Paul Fletcher on paul.fletcher@betty.co.uk

JayPee630 23 Jun 2017
In reply to bettytv:

Stakeholders?! WTF is one of those?
 ed woods 23 Jun 2017
In reply to JayPee630:

Someone who holds a stake
 toad 23 Jun 2017
In reply to ed woods:

> Someone who holds a stake

Van Helsing?

ed woods 23 Jun 2017
In reply to toad:

> Van Helsing?

...is one example
 bpmclimb 23 Jun 2017
In reply to bettytv:

Thanks for taking the trouble to post an update.
Hopefully, when it's published, the schedule will show Main Face to be unaffected.
 Offwidth 23 Jun 2017
In reply to JayPee630:

How lovely to have no awareness of standard businesses terminology and no access to a web search... must have been a monster of an expedition.

One standard dictionary definition:

"a person with an interest or concern in something, especially a business."

A business definition (more applicable here):

"Stakeholders can affect or be affected by the organization's actions, objectives and policies. Some examples of key stakeholders are creditors, directors, employees, government (and its agencies), owners (shareholders), suppliers, unions, and the community from which the business draws its resources."

FactorXXX 23 Jun 2017
 james mann 23 Jun 2017
In reply to bettytv:

Paul,

This seems like a good approach to proceedings. The Commando Cliff Assauly Wing in all its many guises gave much to climbing in West Penwith especially. To celebrate this heritage, and also the jewel in the crown that is Bosigran itself, seems to be a worthy project. You never know, watching at home could be the Cornish climbers of the future just awaiting that bullet of inspiration.

James Mann
 Morty 23 Jun 2017
In reply to ed woods:

> Someone who holds a stake

A belay stake?
OP Mark Kemball 30 Jun 2017

Bump, for anyone who's thinking of climbing in the area next week.
 bpmclimb 02 Jul 2017
In reply to Mark Kemball and everybody else:

Any signs of this schedule anywhere online? The date is nearly upon us.
OP Mark Kemball 03 Jul 2017

One last bump /reminder for tomorrow and Wednesday, and no, I have no idea what the schedule is, sorry.
 Kemics 03 Jul 2017
Gah what are the odds, I'm actually planning on making my first trip to bosigran on the 4th and 5th!!

Be sad not to do commando ridge, but is the main cliff of bosigran out too? Have the released an update? Be very annoying to drive for 4 hours to a banned crag
Post edited at 13:20
bettytv 03 Jul 2017

o whom it may concern,

betty is recording a TV programme on:

TUESDAY 4TH JULY – WEDNESDAY 5TH JULY, 2017
COMMANDO RIDGE (TR20, nr. Bosigran Farm, Cornwall) and the surrounding areas.

Following consultation with local climbing specialists and the land owners, we are now able to issue a rough guide for hours of operation on the location.

TUESDAY 4TH JULY:
0800 – 1300, Commando Ridge

WEDNESDAY 5TH JULY:
0700 – 1000, Main Face

We would really appreciate the cooperation of climbers, and ask any climbers or members of the public to avoid the specific locations during these periods, to ensure safe enjoyment of the area.

betty would like to reassure all stakeholders and climbers that the preservation of the site is of utmost importance to our team.
If you have any further queries, or if you are planning to climb on those days, please do not hesitate to contact the Line Producer at betty, Paul Fletcher, on paul.fletcher@betty.co.uk

Kemics 03 Jul 2017
In reply to bettytv:

sweet, thanks for the update. Should be easy to climb around those times so not to get in the way but still have a trip. Thanks for communications =)
bettytv 03 Jul 2017
In reply to Kemics:

You're very welcome. As stated, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me on email provided.

Kind regards,
Paul Fletcher.
 Dave 88 05 Jul 2017
In reply to bettytv:
Hi Paul,

Are the security guards mentioned in this thread, stopping people accessing the entire area, anything to do with your filming?

https://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?n=666998

They are apparently there due to a dangerous rockfall, but there are rockfalls all the time (especially on sea cliffs) and I have never heard of security guards being used to protect people from this.

Please clarify.

Dave.
Post edited at 07:41
 Greasy Prusiks 05 Jul 2017
In reply to Dave 88:

Have you tried an email as well?

paul.fletcher@betty.co.uk
 Oceanrower 05 Jul 2017
In reply to Greasy Prusiks:

Or, if you're really feeling keen...

Paul Fletcher
Line Producer,
Tel: +44 (0) 7901 767 218

Simon Caldwell 05 Jul 2017
In reply to Dave 88:

If it's due to dangerous rockfall then presumably the filming has been cancelled?
OP Mark Kemball 05 Jul 2017
In reply to Dave 88:

Security guards are well out of order! The filming company can politely ask people to keep away, but the whole area is public access land and they have no right to prevent access.
 Cheese Monkey 05 Jul 2017

I'm not surprised and I'm sure I'm not the only one
 trouserburp 05 Jul 2017
In reply to bettytv:

'to ensure safe enjoyment of the area'

Is this a threat?
 toad 05 Jul 2017

I suspect this should really be taken up with the national trust. Tv people are supremely selfish and wont care what climbers think. Job done move on. The NT might possibly engage with unhappy visitors to their estate, or withe representation from the BMC.

Tobes 05 Jul 2017

Did the world end?!

48 hrs temporary access issues but you'd think it was 'like the worst thing ever' going by the hysterics on here.

It's not even once a week, month, year or even decade!

It was a one off! Get a grip some of you.

#firstworldproblem

Trangia 05 Jul 2017
In reply to Tobes:

> Did the world end?!

> 48 hrs temporary access issues but you'd think it was 'like the worst thing ever' going by the hysterics on here.

> It's not even once a week, month, year or even decade!

> It was a one off! Get a grip some of you.

> #firstworldproblem

I think the objections came as a result of the rather arrogant attitude of the film company. Their attitude was dictatorial rather than made as a reasonable request, made worse by the very short notice given. People have to plan way ahead for their holidays, some in this thread actually said that they had booked holidays which coincided. No one has the right to assume that their right to a crag/cliff/footpath over rules anyone elses.

I'm sure that if they had given plenty of notice and said something like "Hey climbers and walkers, we really want to make a film of Commando Ridge, has anyone made any plans to climb it on such and such a date? If not we would be really grateful if people would avoid climbing it and walking in the area between x and y so as not to spoil our film", most reasonable people would have gone along with that particularly if the interruption was minimal.

But that's not what they did. They announced the date full stop. They hired "heavies" to keep climbers and walkers away. They failed to enter into discussion about it on UKC and other climbing/walking mediums.

No wonder they ruffled a few feathers.
 elliott92 05 Jul 2017
In reply to toad:

To be fair to Paul from the production company, he didn't come across this way at all. I text him a few weeks ago asking about this as we had actually planned to climb commando this week. He was very reasonable and asked me to let him know the day and time so we could figure out something that works for both of us. So credit to him where it's due. But we made other plans in the end anyway as we didn't want the esoteric feel of commando being scuppered
 Tobes 05 Jul 2017
In reply to toad:

> I suspect this should really be taken up with the national trust. Tv people are supremely selfish and wont care what climbers think. Job done move on. The NT might possibly engage with unhappy visitors to their estate, or withe representation from the BMC.

What's your personal experience dealing with media production companies that has led to your opinion of this industry?

And

I take it you know what a sweeping statement is then?
 toad 05 Jul 2017
In reply to Tobes:

Ive been involved with a few wildlife/ news stories over the years. Tv people haven't endeared themselves
 Tobes 05 Jul 2017
In reply to Trangia:

> I think the objections came as a result of the rather arrogant attitude of the film company. Their attitude was dictatorial rather than made as a reasonable request, made worse by the very short notice given. People have to plan way ahead for their holidays, some in this thread actually said that they had booked holidays which coincided. No one has the right to assume that their right to a crag/cliff/footpath over rules anyone
else's

Eh? The original notice (see op at top) sounds fairly polite with the usual tone of a public notice.

> I'm sure that if they had given plenty of notice and said something like "Hey climbers and walkers, we really want to make a film of Commando Ridge, has anyone made any plans to climb it on such and such a date? If not we would be really grateful if people would avoid climbing it and walking in the area between x and y so as not to spoil our film", most reasonable people would have gone along with that particularly if the interruption was minimal.

Notice was just under a month wasn't it? Then they were more specific about times I think I saw later in this saga.

What time does it get dark down there right now, 10pm or so?

> But that's not what they did. They announced the date full stop. They hired "heavies" to keep climbers and walkers away. They failed to enter into discussion about it on UKC and other climbing/walking mediums.

Security is fairly standard at outside broadcasts, those guys were probably wondering wtf also.

> No wonder they ruffled a few feathers.

Sounds like there'll be a lot of sheets out drying tomorrow
 Dave 88 06 Jul 2017
In reply to Greasy Prusiks:

I haven't to be honest, I live in the Lakes and only have another UKC thread to go off for info, so didn't wanna go sticking my oar in too deep when I haven't really got a clue what's going on!
 S Andrew 16 Jul 2017
We were there on the Tuesday. There was a half-hearted attempt to persuade us to go elsewhere because the helicopter would be dangerous but it was fine when we recklessly insisted on carrying on.
 bpmclimb 19 Jul 2017
In reply to Tobes:

> Did the world end?!
> 48 hrs temporary access issues but you'd think it was 'like the worst thing ever' going by the hysterics on here.
> It's not even once a week, month, year or even decade!
> It was a one off! Get a grip some of you.
> #firstworldproblem

Umm ... there's been a reasonably calm exchange of views on this thread, in my opinion. You mention hysterics: to be frank, if I were to single out one post as being somewhat hysterical in tone it would be yours.
 Tobes 19 Jul 2017
In reply to bpmclimb:

> Umm ... there's been a reasonably calm exchange of views on this thread, in my opinion. You mention hysterics: to be frank, if I were to single out one post as being somewhat hysterical in tone it would be yours.

Really! This thing is still going?!!!

Fella just move on, seriously.

I'm in East Africa currently for a month leading a group (yeah that's a humble brag) and find this bizarre that it's still a 'ting'.

Hakuna matata bwana!
elefantee 19 Jul 2017
In reply to Tobes:

Your post started with a question. You seem amazed that somebody answered it.

This level of awareness does not bode well for your group.
 Tobes 19 Jul 2017
In reply to elefantee.

Your judging a forum post to my ability to lead a group?!

Yer need to get out more dude.

All is well here. I'm done on this subject.

Kwa heri......

bpmclimb 19 Jul 2017
In reply to Tobes:

> Fella just move on, seriously.

Err ... I had moved on. It was your shouty post, full of exclamation marks and condescending attitude that dragged me back. When someone wades into a reasonably civil discussion with their metaphorical big boots on - in short, being a complete knob - it's difficult to resist making a comment - even when you know it won't make any difference.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...