UKC

Women's rucksack suggestions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 crustypunkuk 12 Jun 2017
I'm looking for a new rucksack for my partner. Needs to be around the 40 ish litre size or smaller as it will be used as carry on luggage for holidays as well as a larger winter pack for hillwalking. Ideally with a small back size or with adjustable back system. Bonus points for girly colours too.
Any suggestions?
 d_b 12 Jun 2017
In reply to crustypunkuk:

My wife swears by Osprey bags. I don't get on with them myself but they seem to work well with her back length.
 Fiona Reid 12 Jun 2017
I'm 5ft2" and often have fun finding sacks with short enough back lengths that I can fill them up and still wear a climbing helmet etc. If it helps, the 2 sacks that I've found that fit me are:

* Deuter Pace 28 SL - basically, a women specific light weight sack for ski touring / walking etc - comes in black and mint green with a girly flower attached. Possibly a bit smaller than you'd want but Deuter do various other womens sacks so might be worth a look.

* Osprey Talon 35 with S/M back length - my year round hillwalking sack - now seems to have been replaced by a women specific model called "Tempest" and would appear to come in various "girly colours. The Tempest comes in 30/40L versions. My 35L one has loads of room and easily passes as hand luggage.
Post edited at 14:03
OP crustypunkuk 12 Jun 2017
In reply to Fiona Reid:

Yep, I use an osprey and a millet pack and love them both, so the osprey tempest or kestrel Were my first thought for her, but I wondered if anyone had any other experience, good or bad?
Anyone tried to the Lowe alpine airflow packs or mammut packs? Any other leftfield suggestions?

Patagonia ascensionist 35L in small back is great for everything!
 ChloeH 13 Jun 2017

I tried on Lowe Alpine's Airzone Pro the other day and found it to be very comfortable:

https://lowealpine.com/uk/airzone-pro-nd-33-40-4

The zip into the main compartment is handy for winter days.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...