/ Can I buy white fuel for an msr in Saas Grund?

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Aaron Ballard - on 13 Jun 2017
hey everyone,

Heading to Saas and wanted to know if it's worth taking my whisperlite. Anyone know if I can buy white fuel there?
Thank you in advance.
BruceM - on 15 Jun 2017
I haven't been for 4 years but did for 4-5 years prior to that, and always took an msr. Usually stayed in the big campground in Saas Grund. Their store stocks some fuels, but I don't think they bothered with white gas. But found white gas within walking distance in at least one of the 2-3 reasonable sized outdoor stores in the two towns. There's at least one store down in Grund (somewhere down by the cable car), and 1 or 2 up in Fee. Times always change, but if I went again I would take my xgk and expect to find white gas.
Aaron Ballard - on 26 Jun 2017
In reply to BruceM:

Great, thanks. I reckon I'll take a punt and take it with me.
Cheers.
Andy Hardy on 26 Jun 2017
In reply to Aaron Ballard:

If you're driving through France, you can get "essence C" sold by hardware stores as dry cleaning fluid, but it is cheap as chips and basically Coleman fuel.

Definitely get C though, not F, because the latter burns hotter. Lots hotter.
Toerag - on 26 Jun 2017
In reply to Andy Hardy:

> Definitely get C though, not F, because the latter burns hotter. Lots hotter.

Why is that a problem?
ads.ukclimbing.com
Andy Hardy on 26 Jun 2017
In reply to Toerag:

My Coleman fuel stove went from normal hot to glowing cherry red / about to explode hot in less time than it has taken me to type this. Im pretty sure if I hadn't managed to turn it off it would've exploded.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.