UKC

Yates Superclip

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 GridNorth 15 Jun 2017
Does anyone know where I can get one of these? They look far better than the Squid and the Betastick. Needle sports advertise them but have none in stock.

http://gearx.com/yates-super-clip

Al
 HeMa 15 Jun 2017
In reply to GridNorth:

http://shop.boulderkeskus.com/fi/kauppa/kaysikamat/tarvike/superclip.html

Not that it helps much as shippin' from HELLsinki would be an arm and a leg me thinks...
OP GridNorth 15 Jun 2017
In reply to HeMa:

Yes, it looks a bit pricey as well compared to what Needle Sports were doing it for.

Al
 HeMa 15 Jun 2017
In reply to GridNorth:

Did Needle sports include the stick, or just the "head"...

BTW. the actual product is SuperClip Safety Equipment, around 24$ plus P&P from US.
OP GridNorth 15 Jun 2017
In reply to HeMa:

It's just the head but it looks stronger than the alternatives and at £24 plus the cost of a pole I think it may be a better option and not much more expensive. The Squid looks a little flimsy and everyone I know, probably a dozen people, who has the Beta stick has had to carry out repairs where the head meets the pole. Having said that the compact looks a little more sturdy in that area. I've tried making my own but it's a faff and not that effective.

Al
 jon 15 Jun 2017
In reply to GridNorth:

Just a little thing to take into account - make sure whichever head you get works well with the majority of the quickdraws you have in your arsenal. For instance, mine - a Beta - works really well with biggish wire gates but less so with smaller solid gates. Not really a problem for me as most of my qds have big krabs, but something to bear in mind nevertheless. For what it's worth I've had no problems with my Beta compact apart from sometimes the last red section doesn't lock that well - everythng else is fine. That's probably two years or more that I've had it and used it a lot.
 Ciro 15 Jun 2017
In reply to GridNorth:

I bought my beta stick second hand about seven or eight years ago... the previous owner had put a self tapping screw through the top to prevent the thinnest section from being opened (it's an XL so still plenty long enough) which makes it pretty robust. I even got away with reversing over it on the stony ground at the Oliana car park this winter.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...