UKC

Howard Goodall on Sergeant Pepper

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Offwidth 15 Jun 2017
A heads up for those who missed this brilliant disection of the famous Beatles album. Especially interesting for the sound engineering and music theory, with studio outtakes, and an examination of the influences and inspirations. Maybe a bit geeky for some but I loved it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08tb97f
 Stu Tyrrell 15 Jun 2017
In reply to Offwidth:

We thought it was a good program as well.
 The New NickB 15 Jun 2017
In reply to Offwidth:

I enjoyed it, gave me a new appreciation of music that has always been part of my life, but never really thought about too much (music of my parents generation, rather than mine) didn't find it geeky at all, but maybe that is just my inner geek.
 Dred 15 Jun 2017
In reply to Offwidth:

Brilliant documentary, insights into musicianship, lyric writing and studio techniques.
 hang_about 15 Jun 2017
In reply to Offwidth:

Stumbled on it and was transfixed - excellent documentary
 ThunderCat 15 Jun 2017
In reply to hang_about:

> Stumbled on it and was transfixed - excellent documentary

Same here. Great program. "She's leaving home" gives me goosebumps every time (even thinking about it now the hairs are standing up)

IM 15 Jun 2017
In reply to ThunderCat:

> Same here. Great program. "She's leaving home" gives me goosebumps every time (even thinking about it now the hairs are standing up)

Agreed, briiliant prog.

Ditto re 'She's Leaving Home', slays me every time. Fascinating to hear how the melancholy it evokes is partly due to the actual structure of the song, the use of modal chords and dissonant notes etc.
 ThunderCat 15 Jun 2017
In reply to IM:

> Agreed, briiliant prog.

> Ditto re 'She's Leaving Home', slays me every time. Fascinating to hear how the melancholy it evokes is partly due to the actual structure of the song, the use of modal chords and dissonant notes etc.

The Henry the Horse bit of "Being for the Benefit of Mr Kite" gives me the fear for some reason.

Blue Straggler 16 Jun 2017
In reply to ThunderCat:

> The Henry the Horse bit of "Being for the Benefit of Mr Kite" gives me the fear for some reason.

youtube.com/watch?v=Y1QL5t_kiXI&

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...