UKC

Squamish information​

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 James Oswald 16 Jun 2017
In the correct forum this time...

I'm heading to Squamish late July to late August by myself and hoping to meet partners out there. I wondered if anyone had recent experience of finding partners around this time of year? I understand that it's peak season and should be busy. I plan to stay in the campsite below the chief.

Thanks!
 Martin Bagshaw 17 Jun 2017
In reply to James Oswald:

Its easy to find partners in Squamish, it is a huge destination. Go to the crag and speak to the stereotypically friendly Canadians you will meet there, and all will be fine.

I arranged to climb with a guy from the Squamish climbing forum (https://squamishclimbing.com/squamish_climbing_bb/) before heading up from Washington, but unfortunately he had to bail after a couple of days. Got speaking to three guys at the crag, who welcomed me in to their group, and I tagged along with them for the remainder of my visit.

If at a loss in North America, Mountain Project is your friend. I only really found it hard to find partners and people who knew what they were doing in the Midwest.
 ljknowles 17 Jun 2017

I was in Squamish a couple of months ago without a partner and found it really easy to find people to climb with. Definitely worth asking at the campsite but there's also a "Squamish Rock Climbing" fb group which always has people looking for partners, well worth posting

https://www.facebook.com/groups/squamishrockclimbing/
 markalmack 18 Jun 2017

I'll still be here you plonka! What time you landing? Might be able to pick you up from the airport in exchange for some beers!
 SenzuBean 18 Jun 2017
In reply to ljknowles:

> I was in Squamish a couple of months ago without a partner and found it really easy to find people to climb with. Definitely worth asking at the campsite but there's also a "Squamish Rock Climbing" fb group which always has people looking for partners, well worth posting

+1 to the fb group. Squamish rock climbing forum is all but dead it seems (a few messages a month), whereas the fb group gets dozens of messages a day usually.

I'm also based in Vancouver and may well have time for some climbing (I should have a car by then too) - although it looks like you climb way harder so probably have grander plans
 Alex the Alex 19 Jun 2017
In reply to SenzuBean:

Hi Senzu,

I got in touch with James as I am out in Vancouver for a few weeks at the end of August but unfortunately we are missing each other by a few days. I was wondering whether you might be keen to climb if the weather was right around the time? I climb at a more modest grade than James but it looks like there are some incredible looking routes up the chief even in the lower grades. Butt Face in particular looked amazing! I know its a while away still but get in touch if you would be interested at all. Im always up for climbing with UKC folks.

Cheers,

Alex
 SenzuBean 19 Jun 2017
In reply to Alex the Alex:

Yeah - almost definitely keen for some routes If the weather is shite and you don't have anything else planned, it's always an option to drive to Skaha as well (it's on the other side of the Rockies, so it's usually dry - apparently it gets like a hot desert in summer!).
Butt Face is currently bird banned, hopefully it's over around that time: http://squamishaccess.ca/2017-falcon-closure/

I will send you a PM
 TMM 19 Jun 2017

Nobody expects the Squamish information.
OP James Oswald 06 Jul 2017
Thanks all!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...